What Rock/Pop/Jazz-rock/Fusion/Prog/Experimental etc album are you listening to?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
    Frank Zappa Hot Rats. Reprise Records (at least that's what my original LP was on) 1969. I bought this LP in 1973.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I just really struggle with Zappa...yet Beefheart is great, especially Trout mask replica.
    Odd. in at least 2 ways !
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      I just really struggle with Zappa...yet Beefheart is great, especially Trout mask replica.
      Odd. in at least 2 ways !
      Very odd! How anyone can struggle with this album is beyond me!!!

P.S. Isn't 'odd' a wonderful word!?

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

so, you saying this is the one that will convert me, Beefy?
        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

so, you saying this is the one that will convert me, Beefy?
          Hard to say with Zappa - accessability-wise I'd say this or Apostrophe.

15 all

Comment

Excerpt from Asphodel's release of 'Metal Machine Music', performed by ZEITKRATZER. Lou Reed's Metal Machine Music may be the most misunderstood work ever c...
            Last edited by Bryn; 23-05-12, 22:35. Reason: Adding of Youtube clip.

Comment

Frank Zappa Hot Rats. Reprise Records (at least that's what my original LP was on) 1969. I took this out on an almost permanent basis from my local library in 1973!

[IMG][/IMG]
              I was reminded of contribution of mine to a similar rock thread last year:

I never did re-buy it but might yet do so.

Comment

15 all
                I will give it a go...especially as it is the tennis season !!(Zappa has the kind of reputation where you feel stupid and guilty for not liking him...so best to try again !)

Perhaps, like listening to Lou Reed, some "refreshment " helps things along !

Comment

I will give it a go...especially as it is the tennis season !!(Zappa has the kind of reputation where you feel stupid and guilty for not liking him...so best to try again !)

Perhaps, like listening to Lou Reed, some "refreshment " helps things along !
                  How kind of you to let me off the hook, given that I gave you no option with Nonsuch and Skylarking!!

Comment

BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST : Live Tapes

Comment

Zappa has the kind of reputation where you feel stupid and guilty for not liking him...
                      A bit like Sibelius.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                        I was reminded of contribution of mine to a similar rock thread last year:

I never did re-buy it but might yet do so.
                        Bear in mind that you get a bonus with the CD version.

Comment

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                          In all honesty, I think I can claim never to have listened to a single BJH track. But an assistant director of music at school had played in a brass section on tour with them, and that, as you can imagine, made him very very cool.
                          Even if we were all into the Ramones at that particular time !(no room for a brass section with them !)

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                            A bit like Sibelius.

Actually, not liking Sibelius is just really, really weird.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
                              A bit like Sibelius.
                              but at least Zappa is in English, so no excuse there !!

Comment

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
                                That is a blast from the past!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X