Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by verismissimo View Post
    BTW I enthusiastically endorse vinty's support for Christine Schornsheim's set. It includes not only the sonatas, but also the fantasias, variations etc on 14 CDs, and she plays a variety of harpsichords, clavichords and early pianos, including a Broadwood Grand Piano of 1804.
    I concur...a great set. Even better was that I got it when it first came out for about £15!

Comment

Originally posted by verismissimo View Post
      BTW I enthusiastically endorse vinty's support for Christine Schornsheim's set. It includes not only the sonatas, but also the fantasias, variations etc on 14 CDs, and she plays a variety of harpsichords, clavichords and early pianos, including a Broadwood Grand Piano of 1804.
      Like you I enjoy this set a great deal. Richly evocative avoustics assist in the pleasure of these performances. However, will definitely be seeking out Staier's multi CD fortepiano CD as a result of hearing his performance of the E Flat sonata.

Comment

Originally posted by doversoul1 View Post
        This has been yet another excellent Composer of the Week.

It would have been good if there had been more performances on forte piano but that may be asking too much.
        Perhaps - but then I was extremely grateful to hear the Alexis Weissenberg recording, which it would never have otherwise occurred to me to seek out - I thought it was rather good, with some astonishing fingerwork. Not at all a bad sound from the monstrous instrument!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
          . . . However, will definitely be seeking out Staier's multi CD fortepiano CD as a result of hearing his performance of the E Flat sonata.
          https://www.amazon.co.uk/Haydn-Sonat...Haydne+sonatas
          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
            ...will definitely be seeking out Staier's multi CD fortepiano CD as a result of hearing his performance of the E Flat sonata.
            Haven't heard all the programmes yet, but will listen out for Staier - I've loved his recordings of the three keyboard concerti for years.

Comment

His other boxes of CPE Bach and Dussek are well worth acquiring, too.

Comment

Not forgetting that Staier joins Schornsheim in four sonatas in her Haydn keyboard survey.

Comment

Working...
                X