X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concert_champêtre

And yes,I also listened to the two piano concerto, which had ,as per tin, two Pianos.

All very straightforward really, Pulcers.
    Now where is that french style whistley smiley thing.....?

Surprisingly (annoyingly, in terms of attempts to tidy up the collection!) little duplication of CDs in their entirety following my recent purchase of the 20CD Erato set of Poulenc Œuvres Complètes, but amongst them is this 2CD set, with Aimée van der Wiele in the Concert champêtre and Poulenc and Février in the two-piano concerto.

Put to one side waiting for your sales (or leisure) visit to York if not already in your collection.

See: you should have started a Poulenc thread!

Comment

BTW, how do you put in accents on the letters here, Pulcie?
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
        My iPad lets me do it quite easily, Bbm: touch and keep touching a keyboard letter and the options pop up for you to slide your finger onto and choose.
        Clever, eh?
        Handy, too!

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Doesn't seem to work away from the buzzing metropolis of the iPad, so for those of us out in the cyber sticks:

Make sure the Number Lock is switched on on the number keypad (NOT the numbers above the "QWERTY ... " letters, nor the function keys above that, but the number pad on the right of the keyboard).

Go to (or, better still, print out the details from this site):

Hold down the Alt key and type out the number of the accented letter you want.

And Lo!

So - you want "Götterdämmerung" instead of "Gotterdammerung"?
          Type the "G" as normal,
          make sure the number lock is ON,
          hold down the "Alt" key and type out the number 148,
          then let go of the Alt key - and the ö will appear where it should be.
          type out "tterd" (no sniggering you boys at the back!)
          hold down the Alt key and type out the number 132
          let go of the Alt key and ä will appear.
          type out "mmerung".

And so on for all the different accents available. (Some aren't - the bar through the second L in "Lutoslawski" for one )
          Last edited by ferneyhoughgeliebte; 15-02-17, 16:13. Reason: When it came to mistakes, I made a Biggin!
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Here's a list of the ALT codes - for a desktop or laptop, depress the ALT key with your left index finger, and type in the numerals for the ALT code you require on the number pad with your right. I found (typing a great deal of Spanish) that it very quickly becomes second nature.

Comment

Many thanks peoples!
              Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Many thanks peoples!
                Wonderful isn't it BBM? And you can use it on anything you write, not just for this forum. Just fancy - I'd had computers all those years, and never known abouit it!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                  ALT codes
                  Those of us using MacOS of course have no need of these - option-u puts an umlaut over the next letter you type, option-i a circumflex, option-e an acute accent etc. - ñø pròblêm.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                    Wonderful isn't it BBM? And you can use it on anything you write, not just for this forum. Just fancy - I'd had computers all those years, and never known abouit it!

I have "favourited" that site!!
                    Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

I have "favourited" that site!!
                      ¡Apologies to ferney, I see my post was entirely redundant!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                        ¡Apologies to ferney, I see my post was entirely redundant!
                        Well - except that you provided a link to the correct site!
                        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                          (Some aren't - the bar through the second L in "Lutoslawski" for one )
                          Try 142.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Barrett View Post
                            Those of us using MacOS of course have no need of these - option-u puts an umlaut over the next letter you type, option-i a circumflex, option-e an acute accent etc. - ñø pròblêm.
                            Yes, but simpler still if you have a recent MacOS, just hold down the letter you wish to type and the various accented versions appear in blue on-screen above it, to choose from...è..é..ê..ę..ė....ç..č...œ..ø...õ....

(oh and - Lutosławski...!)
                            Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 15-02-17, 21:06.

Comment

It's probably neither here nor there because you either have Windows or Mac, but that doesn't actually sound any quicker than holding down ALT and keying (say) 130, which takes a split second.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Surprisingly (annoyingly, in terms of attempts to tidy up the collection!) little duplication of CDs in their entirety following my recent purchase of the 20CD Erato set of Poulenc Œuvres Complètes, but amongst them is this 2CD set, with Aimée van der Wiele in the Concert champêtre and Poulenc and Février in the two-piano concerto.

Put to one side waiting for your sales (or leisure) visit to York if not already in your collection.

See: you should have started a Poulenc thread!
                                Thanks Pulcers, kind thought, but as you may have guessed, I have the Erato box , so probably no use to me this time.

I think I am correct in saying that you are the first person on this forum to complain about lack of duplication in box sets.....

Great tip on the accents on ipads, I had no idea. Perfect if you want to write Prêtre, peut-être ?
                                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Working...
                                X