Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
    I'm really looking forward to his Scherzo fucoso plus the complete Op.37 marches - the first of which I corresponded with Mark Viner about when I learnt it last year.
    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
      As the opener to his awesome playlist challenge last week Skellers played - Aesop’s Feast Op39 No. 12 which was itself, IMVVHO, awesome .....

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        As the opener to his awesome playlist challenge last week Skellers played - Aesop’s Feast Op39 No. 12 which was itself, IMVVHO, awesome .....
        Yes, that made my ears stand up. Bit ironic to think that the only times I've knowingly heard Alkan have been on the morning programmes... Do you suppose Mr Skelly could be persuaded to air more?

Comment

Here's another period piano disc of Alkan at a very low price. It doesn't move me as much as the Hoogland disc, but it's worth a try, especially for such a low outlay.

Comment

"Lazily"?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              Sometimes lazy is better than nothing but not, I would suggest, in the case of PMs ....

Comment

If you want awesome treat yourself to the whole of Op 39, I'll never tire of this

“Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

Sadly not much of Charles-Valentin on R3 last year - 18 pieces, 2 hours 25 minutes - 5 Breakfast, 3 EC, In Tune and TTN and on the latter, one is tempted to say lazily, the same piece on each occasion Op.39 No.12 ....... oh look they’ve played it again on 24/02/20 ....
                  ....... and 2020 only 6 appearances for Charles-Valentin ..........

Comment

Working...
                  X