Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
    I think Agnus Dei (Barber) and the arrangement of Nimrod (Elgar is in the clear, after his time) "Lux Aeterna" - choral arrangements - are abominations
    Hear, hear!

Comment

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
      I think Agnus Dei (Barber) and the arrangement of Nimrod (Elgar is in the clear, after his time) "Lux Aeterna" - choral arrangements - are abominations and I make my view clear to any choral director who I work with (not that it has any effect I suspect - but it makes it clear why, when I absent myself from participating in a concert including them).

I think I heard a Lark ascending arrangement with Accordion (an instrument I don't disregard on principle) - possibly in a late night slot. Can't recall much more because I fairly soon turned it off.

I make exception for some decent transcriptions - sort of stuff Stokowski recorded; but they are going in the opposite direction, they're more expensive to perform with full orchestra - the impetus for re-arranging the Lark A., cashing in on its great popularity, is to involve fewer performers - I assume.
      . . . and how about:

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        Sorry - turned it off after mere seconds. One whiff of BBCS and.................
        You missed a treat, they sang it rather beautifully.

Comment

Working...
        X