Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another live broadcast that circumstances prevented me from listening!

Comment

Cassock or no, please keep in touch with us and many thanks for the super singing.

Comment

It has been a pleasure to catch up with this on BBC Sounds - superbly sung, as is always the case with Truro. I've also been watching Chris Gray's final evensong on Easter Sunday - a very moving service and marvellous to see so many singers involved, presumably former choristers - stunning Howells St Paul's & Finzi Lo, the Full Final Sacrifice. At the time of posting, still on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_uXQnOpvpo

Comment

I'm watching Truro's Easter Day Choral Evenson on catch-up. It doesn't seem to have the Howells Canticles or the Finzi anthem. Am I watching he wrong service? Whatever it is, it's very good indeed!

APOLOGIES cjsb. I watched again using your link above. I must have been watching a different CE. Yes the Howells and Finzi are wonderful. (The latter more cohesive and moving that on on another recent broadcast. And what better organ could there be than Truro's to give it the right sound?)
          Last edited by ardcarp; 14-04-23, 09:43.

Comment

Originally posted by ardcarp View Post
            APOLOGIES cjsb. I watched again using your link above. I must have been watching a different CE. Yes the Howells and Finzi are wonderful. (The latter more cohesive and moving that on on another recent broadcast. And what better organ could there be than Truro's to give it the right sound?)
            No problem at all - glad you enjoyed the Howells and Finzi. Wonderful choir and organ - but sadly I've never made it across the country to Truro! I am looking forward to hearing St John's next term when Chris Gray arrives there.

Comment

Working...
            X