Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was listening to excellent Jackie McLean - Vertigo earlier but now the wife has put the Moody Blues "On the Threshold of a Dream" on. Sunny evenings and a glass of wine brings back memories of late 60s early 70s pre-punk hippy-dippy youth.

Comment

Originally posted by CGR View Post
      I was listening to excellent Jackie McLean - Vertigo earlier but now the wife has put the Moody Blues "On the Threshold of a Dream" on. Sunny evenings and a glass of wine brings back memories of late 60s early 70s pre-punk hippy-dippy youth.
      Mrs CGR has impeccable taste!

Comment

Kenny Burrell, Stanley Turrentine, Major Holley Jr. Bill English & Ray Barretto
        ‘Midnight Blue’
        Blue Note (1967)

For late listening

Comment

Lightnin' Hopkins' 'Awful Dreams' from 'Four Classic Albums'(AVID EMSC 1225);

JR

Comment

Joe Henderson with McCoy Tyner, Bob Cranshaw & Elvin Jones
            ‘Inner Urge’
            Blue Note (1964)

My treat for tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
              Lightnin' Hopkins' 'Awful Dreams' from 'Four Classic Albums'(AVID EMSC 1225);

JR
              Singin the blues man!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                Kenny Burrell, Stanley Turrentine, Major Holley Jr. Bill English & Ray Barretto
                ‘Midnight Blue’
                Blue Note (1967)

For late listening
                Yep. A really great album. I love Burrell's bluesy, but at the same time sophisticated, guitar playing.

Comment

Originally posted by CGR View Post
                  Yep. A really great album. I love Burrell's bluesy, but at the same time sophisticated, guitar playing.
                  Was never a fan of the jazz guitar until I heard Kenny Burrell's masterpiece 'Midnight Blue'. It made me hear a number of jazz guitarists in a completely different light and now I greatly admire the music of Kenny Burrell, Grant Green and Wes Montgomery.

Comment

Sonny Clark: Cool Struttin'
                    Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stunsworth View Post
                      Sonny Clark: Cool Struttin'

Comment

Earlier today: Andrew Cyrille, The Declaration of Musical Independence, with Bill Frisell, Richard Teitelbaum and Ben Street. Easy ECM listening.

Comment

Just now: Basic Blythe by Arthur Blythe (RIP).

His last on Columbia - they tried to make him a star and couldn't get it right. Unfortunately he had to record some right clunkers, though this one - with his regular quartet plus a string quartet - gets it right, I think. It's the kind of LP Bird With Strings should have been. Still he left us with a beautiful legacy.
                          all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

Horace Silver with Blue Mitchell, Junior Cook, Gene Taylor & Roy Brooks
                            'Silver's Serenade'
                            Blue Note (1963)

For tonight.

Comment

Art Blakey Quintet: A Night At Birdland Vol 1.

My what a talent Clifford Brown was.
                              Steve

Comment

Ben Webster & Johnny Hodges with Lou Levy, Herb Ellis, Wilfred Middlebrooks & Gus Johnson

‘The Complete 1960 Sextet Jazz Cellar Session’
                                Wax Time (1960)

Got this out for this evening

Comment

Working...
                                X