No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Jazz Library

Dear all
    Thanks for your support and (generally) enthusiasm over the last five and a bit years. I'm aiming to go out on a high note with selections from interviews with some of my heroes (and one heroine) on Saturday next. It's been good to have your feedback on here and direct to the programme, and I hope as many of you as possible will keep in touch via the JRR website in future. It's not often mentioned on air, but http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/jazzrecordrequests will get you straight to the page. And everyone I've engaged in dialogue with here is welcome to keep it going by sending in requests. I look forward to hearing from you. And I hope some way can be found in the future of keeping the oral history element that's been such a popular bit of JL.
    Anyway thanks again
    Best to you all
    Alyn

It's been great pleasure having been able to exchange views with you over the past two years, Alyn, here and on the old BBC forum, and your tenure with Jazz Library ensured the upholding of Radio 3 standards - which have tragically been undermined elsewhere on the network - for which we are most appreciative and thank you.

Very best wishes in your new assignment to JRR!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 25-04-12, 11:35. Reason: Jazz, not Lazz!

Comment

Alyn you have given us a beacon of authority and insight into the music in recent years with the excellent Library Programme ... all the best with Jazz Record Requests and many many thanks for your contributions both on air and on da boreds here and heretofore ...

Cheers!
      According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

It's lovely to know that JRR lives on and in the most capable new hands too. I look forward to hearing you in the evening now rather than the JL's graveyard slot

cheeeeeeeeers
        robin

Comment

Originally posted by aka Calum Da Jazbo View Post
          Alyn you have given us a beacon of authority and insight into the music in recent years with the excellent Library Programme ... all the best with Jazz Record Requests and many many thanks for your contributions both on air and on da boreds here and heretofore ...

Cheers!
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            your tenure with Jazz Library ensured the upholding of Radio 3 standards - which have tragically been undermined elsewhere on the network - for which we are most appreciative and thank you
            May I wholeheartedly concur

Wishing you a warm Smithian hel-loh welcome to JRR

Comment

Yep, you're a top man ....jazzwise at least Alyn....
              bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

Comment

Jazz library has been absolutely excellent and interesting even with artists I don't particularly like.

Comment

Thanks for all the brilliant programmes of Jazz Library.

Look forward to hearing your version of JRR.

Comment

Alyn, many thanks for all the Jazz Libraries and all the best for JRR.

I've just sent a request in...
                      all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

Originally posted by Tenor Freak View Post
                        Alyn, many thanks for all the Jazz Libraries and all the best for JRR.

I've just sent a request in...
                        Alyn, I agree with all of the positive comments above and wish you every success with the new programme.

Comment

Yes Alyn, thanks for Jazz Library (and no thanks to the high heid yins who be shunted it off to the dead of night) and best wishes for JRR.

Comment

well that's that then .....

According to the best estimates of astronomers there are at least one hundred billion galaxies in the observable universe.

Comment

or even

Comment

Working...
                              X