Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have France Musique as a preset on my streamer/tuner but tend not to stick with it for long. I do understand French but it has more speech than I want. The woman presenter on at the moment sometimes talks over the start and finish of music - some interesting items, but snippets. Also, it has the drawback of not offering a readout on my receiver as to what is being played. I would have to go to the the website online to check. This is also a disadvantage of the otherwise excellent YLE Klassinen, which I also have on preset.

I've recently discovered a Brazilian classical channel, Rádio Batuta Clássico, New to me, it has become my first streaming choice. It plays a good selection of music, only complete works, has no chat between music, only occasionally announcing of the station's name, and it provides 'now playing' info via the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
      I have France Musique as a preset on my streamer/tuner but tend not to stick with it for long. I do understand French but it has more speech than I want. The woman presenter on at the moment sometimes talks over the start and finish of music - some interesting items, but snippets. Also, it has the drawback of not offering a readout on my receiver as to what is being played. I would have to go to the the website online to check. This is also a disadvantage of the otherwise excellent YLE Klassinen, which I also have on preset.

I've recently discovered a Brazilian classical channel, Rádio Batuta Clássico, New to me, it has become my first streaming choice. It plays a good selection of music, only complete works, has no chat between music, only occasionally announcing of the station's name, and it provides 'now playing' info via the radio.
      Thanks for the tip.
      No 'playing now' on my Roberts radio, but I didn't need it: currently The Trout (sadly not a favourite); but I'll give it a whirl.
      Agree about France Musique. I sampled it this morning while working on the Handel Op 6 BaL list, and found it too snippety too.

Comment

Working...
      X