Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't we used to have a happy thread?

Hello all, I'm sure we used to have a happy thread on the board but none of the searches seem to find it.

Anwyay, I'm bouncing off the walls as a lifetime ambition of mine has finally come true - as some of you know, I am a shell collector (conchologist) and yesterday, the paper which describes a new species that is named after me, was published!

So, there is now a little species of Terebra from the Caribbean called Hastula welshi Terryn, Aiken and Bonard, 2023
    Best regards,
    Jonathan

Excellent, well done!

The nearest to a Happy thread is perhaps S_A's "Good News" thread: https://www.for3.org/forums/forum/pl...d-news-stories

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
      Excellent, well done!

The nearest to a Happy thread is perhaps S_A's "Good News" thread: https://www.for3.org/forums/forum/pl...d-news-stories
      Oh, don't worry, I'm all for diversity in singularity!

Comment

Not often we hear news as happy as that, Jonathan. Well done (even better than when you played the piano on R3?)! A lad o' pairts.
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Well done, Jonathan.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            Not often we hear news as happy as that, Jonathan. Well done (even better than when you played the piano on R3?)! A lad o' pairts.
            I think it's joint with that one FF!
            Best regards,
            Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
              Hello all, I'm sure we used to have a happy thread on the board but none of the searches seem to find it.

Anwyay, I'm bouncing off the walls as a lifetime ambition of mine has finally come true - as some of you know, I am a shell collector (conchologist) and yesterday, the paper which describes a new species that is named after me, was published!

So, there is now a little species of Terebra from the Caribbean called Hastula welshi Terryn, Aiken and Bonard, 2023
              Excellent news, Congratulations.

( I imagine the news of the official naming broken by somebody having a word in your shell- like ?……..)
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

A shell collector must be conchie...

...oh, hang on a minute...

Comment

Working...
                X