Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Has anyone heard a R3 figure ..... I presume Petroc has picked up most of what Zoe Ball has lost ..... ????"

I don't think so because BBC News said she lost 364,000 people since last time and Radio Three ("Breakfast" programme) lost 144,000 since then if you look up on the rajar website.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
      No major changes: 1,932,000 listeners per week, 6.6 hours per listener, market share 1.3%.
      ....and 230 emails, 356 tweets and 7758 texts from listeners with low self-esteem.
      Fewer Smart things. More smart people.

Comment

This doesn't augur well for those of a certain age either.

Broadcasting regulator Ofcom says the corporation needs to make more effort to attract young people.

Comment

The terrors seem to be:
          [a] that the young age - eventually, so is the BBC planning to keep playing 2000-2020 charts for a very long time to freeze millennials in their youth, terrified that they might leave such music behind, or what?
          [b] terror 2 is that some millennials will graduate from that same charts legacy to something else eg classical or more and better programmed / presented jazz and abandon BBC altogether and .................
          [c] terror 3: they will then do what many are ALREADY doing now in their middle age and post-retirement, namely exploring fine classical stations worldwide e.g. https://areena.yle.fi/radio/ohjelmat/yle-klassinen/, or France Musique, or any number of German classical stations etc etc, and / or Utube? Thus leaving BBC altogether because the BBC is failing them NOW, not just fifteen years down the line.

All the time the BBC undermine the appeal and massive variety of the classical music spectrum / world by NOT presenting / programming it for the U20s, the more their hold on their listener base will wither and maybe die. A very sad state of affairs.

Comment

Younger listeners flood to Radio 3 (seriously!)

Apparently younger listeners are seeking 'sanctuary' from politics and finding it in Radio 3, which has just recorded its joint highest weekly audience share ever. Petroc reports that 'Breakfast' has gained 87,000 new listeners, although I don't know what that is as a percentage.

Comment

Apparently younger listeners are seeking 'sanctuary' from politics and finding it in Radio 3, which has just recorded its joint highest weekly audience share ever. Petroc reports that 'Breakfast' has gained 87,000 new listeners, although I don't know what that is as a percentage.
              I would suspect it’s the way you tell them ..... but you and I are youngsters ... but we’ve been here a while ......

Comment

Any chance of Petroc and Zoe Ball doing a swap then .... ?????

Comment

Q4 2019 reach: Radio 3 has risen to 2.13 million, Classic FM to 5.46 million.
                  Radio 3 audience share 1.4% - the best since 2016.

Comment

Q4 2019 reach: Radio 3 has risen to 2.13 million, Classic FM to 5.46 million.
                    Radio 3 audience share 1.4% - the best since 2016.

Posted by LMcD today ..... copied here for continuity

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                      Any chance of Petroc and Zoe Ball doing a swap then .... ?????
                      Be very careful what you wish for, anton!

Comment

..and I gather Radio 4 has done very well too.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          Be very careful what you wish for, anton!
                          She could, obviously, never replace Skellers cloughers .....

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            She could, obviously, never replace Skellers cloughers .....
                            Suzy?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              Suzy?
                              I prefer the Schoolmarm .......

Comment

Looking at the RAJAR figures for public consumption, reach has increased from 1.932 million to 2.126 million, very roughly an increase of 200,000. Petroc claims about 50% of this.

Where did the other increases occur? Night Tracks? Beethoven Unleashed would not be a factor for last quarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X