This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks, Andrew.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Many thanks again, Andrew

Comment

No problem.

You might be interested to know that I've added an experimental BBC4 listing.

Any use?

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
          You might be interested to know that I've added an experimental BBC4 listing.

Any use?
          'Tis for me, albeit the closest I'm likely to get to BBC FOUR

21:00 Illuminations: The Private Lives of Medieval Kings (b01b4v8t) Libraries Gave Us Power

Dr Janina Ramirez unlocks the secrets of illuminated manuscripts that were custom-made for kings, and explores the medieval world they reveal. In this episode, the story of the British Library's Royal Manuscripts collection reaches its end with the last great flowering of illumination, in the magnificent courts of the Tudors. She investigates astrological texts created for Henry VII, and unwraps his will - still in its original, extravagantly-decorated velvet and gold cover. She hears music written for Henry VIII, which went unperformed for centuries; and reads love notes between the king and Anne Boleyn, written in the margins of a prayer book. Nina also visits Bruges, the source of many of the greatest manuscripts, where this medieval art form collided with the artistic innovations of the Renaissance.

I'm unlikely to watch it but it reminds me that I shall be in London (bbbttthhh! ) in a couple of weeks so must book my ticket and then add my Thorts to the relevant thread on Arts & Ideas.

Oh, surely this forum is the most cultured place in Bri-TAIN!
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

One download so far ....

I'll continue the experiment from next Friday. (I'll try to get the heading right as well!)

Comment

Great idea, Andrew

Comment

The main Radio 3 and TtN listings for the seven days beginning 28/01/12 have been posted at the following permanent link:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

The retrospective weekly listing for 'Breakfast', 'Essential Classics' and 'In Tune' are posted at most two weeks after the (first) event. PLEASE NOTE: If there are no recorded downloads of these listings before the end of February, they will be discontinued after that date.

NEW:
                An experimental listing for BBC4 has been posted.

An on-line version of the R3 listing is available in the form of a blog:

Weekly Listings for BBC Radio 3 supported by bbc.co.uk/programmes/

Total live evening concerts this week: 5

Total in 2012 (excluding Proms): 20

Total since new format of live concerts in 2011: 139

Comment

Many thanks Andrew for both (R3 and BBC4) listings

Comment

The main Radio 3 and TtN listings for the seven days beginning 04/02/12 have been posted at the following permanent link:

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

The retrospective weekly listing for 'Breakfast', 'Essential Classics' and 'In Tune' are posted at most two weeks after the (first) event. PLEASE NOTE: If there are no recorded downloads of these listings before the end of February, they will be discontinued after that date.

An experimental listing for BBC4 has been posted.

Total in 2012 (excluding Proms): 25

Total since new format of live concerts in 2011: 144

Comment

No, I don't download the others, just the R3 2 column file.

Many, many thanks!

Comment

thanks Andrew

Comment

The main Radio 3 and TtN listings for the seven days beginning 11/02/12 have been posted at the following permanent link:

The retrospective weekly listing for 'Breakfast', 'Essential Classics' and 'In Tune' is posted at most two weeks after the (first) event. PLEASE NOTE: If there are no recorded downloads of these listings before the end of February, they will be discontinued after that date.

The experimental listing for BBC4 continues.....

Total in 2012 (excluding Proms): 30

Total since new format of live concerts in 2011: 149

Comment

Many thanks, Andrew

Comment

The main Radio 3 and TtN listings for the seven days beginning 18/02/12 have been posted at the following permanent link:

The retrospective weekly listing for 'Breakfast', 'Essential Classics' and 'In Tune' is posted at most two weeks after the (first) event. PLEASE NOTE: If there are no recorded downloads of these listings before the end of February, they will be discontinued after that date.

The experimental listing for BBC4 will be posted tomorrow.

Total in 2012 (excluding Proms): 35

Total since new format of live concerts in 2011: 154

Comment

Thanks again for doing all this time and again

did you enjoy your concert last night?

Comment

Working...
                                X