• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teamsaint
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post

Had some great away days down there way back when
    Loved Eastville.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• eighthobstruction
      • Nov 2010

....Bournemouth intrigue me ....12,000 capacity Vitality Stadium Dean Court....only 9,000 in there yesterday....where is their Premier League money going : on what....are there visions to increase capacity....is there any need to....

....any ideas....

....FULHAM SLIP AGAIN.....
      bong ching

Comment

• cloughie
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
        ... here's a better wiki page :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auchinleck_Talbot_F.C..

Just like mine!

Comment

• vinteuil
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Just like mine!
          ... but yours doesn't seem to work (at least not on my computer)!

Comment

• cloughie
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
            ... but yours doesn't seem to work (at least not on my computer)!

Did on mine!

Comment

• johncorrigan
              • Nov 2010

How do you know you're reading the paper upside down? Cos St Mirren are top of the league!!!! Back to the bottom after a humping by Celtic tonight - 0-4! Ochone! Ochone!

Comment

• Alison
                • Nov 2010

Early opportunity to turn things round V Hibs at the weekend!

Comment

• Edgy 2
                  • Jan 2019

Oh dear John sorry about that

Leamington 0 Mighty Stockport County 1 Remain 2nd,4 points behind the leaders,could possibly be just 1 point off the top by 5pm Saturday if we win and Lat's York City do us a favour by beating Chorley
                  “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• Edgy 2
                    • Jan 2019

Another away day another win for Stockport,this time 2-1 at Manyoo traitors.
                    Still 2nd,4 points off the leaders Chorley who battered York (thought they were going to do us a favour Lat).
                    Special mention for Forum team Wimbledon who knocked West Ham out of the cup.
                    “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

• BBMmk2
                      Late Member
                      • Nov 2010

Seagulls and The Toon.....
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Lat-Literal
                        • Aug 2015

Another away day another win for Stockport,this time 2-1 at Manyoo traitors.
                        Still 2nd,4 points off the leaders Chorley who battered York (thought they were going to do us a favour Lat).
                        Now one place above the relegation zone to the seventh tier.

The latest manager prevented Gateshead from dropping - that's good on paper but he had better get his skates on!

My Supporters Trust membership card arrived in the week.

I'm number 2654 and they say that the other 2653 are from all over the country - and the world.

Comment

• teamsaint
                          • Nov 2010

Hope Cloughie didn’t see the the trailers on the BBC, which advertised Chelsea v Sheffield..........
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• johncorrigan
                            • Nov 2010

1-0 up at half time today against Hibs, perhaps in disarray after the departure of wee Neil Lennon. 'Twas not to be - 30 secs after missing a sitter to go 2 up, Hibs went up the other end and levelled and then it was downhill all the way to nul points...bottom the Buddies remain!

Comment

• Lancashire Lass
                              • Feb 2012

Thanks Edgy 2, and glad you won as well.

Was at Kingsmeadow last night, my first Dons match for 18 months. Wow -- probably the best-ever game I've seen, even better than that night in February 1997 when we dumped Man U out of the Cup at Selhurst Park. I am so used to seeing scraped 1 - 0 victories (aren't we all) but this was so emphatic and so joyous to watch. It got scary when WHU fought back with those two goals -- fair play to them, it showed resilience after the shock of going 3 - 0 down to a team of no-hopers -- but we stuck it out for 20 minutes or so until Sibbick put it out of their reach. Connolly completely outpaced the West Ham midfield flying down the right wing, but Sibbick was a worthy replacement. I hadn't realised until I saw the highlights just how many crucial saves Ramsdale made, had any one of those not come off it could have changed the game.

So proud of the lads and of course the huge vocal support from the fans. It does the heart good to see pampered Premiership stars humbled on a tiny ground where the scoreboard wasn't even working!

Comment

• Alison
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                                1-0 up at half time today against Hibs, perhaps in disarray after the departure of wee Neil Lennon. 'Twas not to be - 30 secs after missing a sitter to go 2 up, Hibs went up the other end and levelled and then it was downhill all the way to nul points...bottom the Buddies remain!
                                Sorry John. You sound philosophical anyway.

You used to get far more angry when Tommy Craig was in charge!

Comment

Working...
                                X