Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Good result indeed and the Toon have to hope Joe Linton stays fit …….
    Walsall 3 Hangers 1
    Brentford 0 Toon 2

Hangers need Joe Linton

Comment

Pretty much a second gear win for my lot last night, sealed with a belter right in front of our seats from “ fans favourite” Romeu.

Everton and dirty leeds need to worry. But not bout Norwich who were desperately poor.

Mixed bag for the forum teams today…..
      Last edited by teamsaint; 26-02-22, 22:27.
      I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Stockport County 1 Weymouth 0 getting good at these ugly 1 nillers, this one came via an own goal

The teams immediately below us didn't slip up, 6 points clear at the top
        “Music is the best means we have of digesting time." — Igor Stravinsky

Comment

Owls 2 Addicks 0 - 6th with a couple of games in hand!

Comment

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
            [B]

The teams immediately below us didn't slip up, 6 points clear at the top
            Hi Edgy, glad you're doing so well, unfortunately (from our POV) it is looking more and more likely we'll be playing you next season. Played well for the first 60 minutes today, 2 - 0 up, then conceded two goals in five minutes to the second-bottom team (though since we're fifth-bottom I suppose I have no room to talk). We have had a lot of injuries of late but today we put out more or less our strongest side, and still fell apart a bit after their goals. There seems general agreement on the fans' chatsite that the (albeit popular) manager isn't up to the job -- was formerly a youth team coach but seems to be out of his depth. But he hasn't been helped by some poor decisions by the transfer committee (whoever they are -- some club experiment which seems to be going wrong) -- selling striker Ollie Palmer to Wrexham without lining up a proper replacement being the prime example. We seem to have a shortage of old hands both on and off the pitch.

Anyway Edgy, at least if we do get relegated and you (hopefully) get back into the League, I can buy you a pint at Plough Lane. Bet you'll love the stadium though.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
              Pretty much a second gear win for my lot last night, sealed with a belter right in front of our seats from “ fans favourite” Romeu.

Everton and dirty leeds need to worry. But not bout Norwich who were desperately poor.

Mixed bag for the forum teams today…..
              Was really down about the result last night - after a good run I had forgotten that we get beat sometimes. If you lose a player after 20 mins it's hard to think anything else is going to happen. Celtic next at Parkhead. 8th

Comment

Originally posted by Lancashire Lass View Post
                Hi Edgy, glad you're doing so well, unfortunately (from our POV) it is looking more and more likely we'll be playing you next season. Played well for the first 60 minutes today, 2 - 0 up, then conceded two goals in five minutes to the second-bottom team (though since we're fifth-bottom I suppose I have no room to talk). We have had a lot of injuries of late but today we put out more or less our strongest side, and still fell apart a bit after their goals. There seems general agreement on the fans' chatsite that the (albeit popular) manager isn't up to the job -- was formerly a youth team coach but seems to be out of his depth. But he hasn't been helped by some poor decisions by the transfer committee (whoever they are -- some club experiment which seems to be going wrong) -- selling striker Ollie Palmer to Wrexham without lining up a proper replacement being the prime example. We seem to have a shortage of old hands both on and off the pitch.

Anyway Edgy, at least if we do get relegated and you (hopefully) get back into the League, I can buy you a pint at Plough Lane. Bet you'll love the stadium though.

Good to hear from you LL

Can you believe this is our 11th season in 'non league', hopefully our last but there's a long way to go yet.
                Sorry Wimbledon are struggling and the plastic lot seem to be on the up
                Ideally we'll be in the EFL next season but won't be playing you

Comment

Fun and games at Wemberlee.
                  And yet more silverware heading up to JLW’s manor…..

Hope you enjoyed it Jayne.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Yep well done our Jayne, enjoy

Comment

Owls 5 Brewers 2 - up to 5th!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        Get in there, cloughie.
                        ...and Palace in the hat for the quarters...good going gurney!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          Excellent indeed

Comment

Well done Owls and Eagles

Comment

Originally posted by Edgy 2 View Post
                              Well done Owls and Eagles
                              Thanks, Edgy. Our daughter and partner were at Selhurst. Scrappy game but job done in the rain with a reasonable meat pie on offer seems to sum it up. I'm pleased for the underused Riedewald who came on to score a neat winning goal. I noticed a couple of chaps in the Holmesdale End sporting a Ukrainian flag

Comment

Posh Yorkies 1 Hangers 2

Impressive …. to me at least ….

Comment

Working...
                                X