Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There might I imagine be mixed reactions to a good news story I read yesterday, that a caravan dealership has not only been having an increasingly busy time during lockdown, but had the best May trading figures for 15 years. The reason is thought to be people looking for alternative holiday arrangements.

Comment

Originally posted by Boilk
      So not alternative adultery arrangements during lockdown?
      I may subsequently wish I hadn't asked, but what precisely is alternative adultery?

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
        I may subsequently wish I hadn't asked, but what precisely is alternative adultery?
        "Don't go knockin' if the van is rockin'!"

Comment

The 'no fixed abode' version? It's so tiresome when neighbours have the audacity to know who owns/lives in a house and who is exercising visiting rights...

Comment

To do it you need an A Certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
              The 'no fixed abode' version? It's so tiresome when neighbours have the audacity to know who owns/lives in a house and who is exercising visiting rights...
              I read that as "... it's so tiresome when neighbours have the adultery ..."

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                I read that as "... it's so tiresome when neighbours have the adultery ..."
                Obviously a Freudian slip ....

Comment

Chris Grayling failed to get intelligence (oh the temptation to finish there...) committee post.
                  I know nothing about Julian Lewis who has got it, but at this stage of things blocking the oxymoron that was the original proposal is a plus.

Comment

Chris Grayling failed to get intelligence (oh the temptation to finish there...) committee post.
                    I know nothing about Julian Lewis who has got it, but at this stage of things blocking the oxymoron that was the original proposal is a plus.
                    Lewis has rather more of the right sort of experience for the job than the 'fish out of water'. Hopefully another nail in the coffin of the Johnson premiership.

Comment

It is also good news to hear the unfamiliar words' bi-partisan approach' used in relation to this committee, though that too could prove a nail too sharp for some.

Comment

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                        It is also good news to hear the unfamiliar words' bi-partisan approach' used in relation to this committee, though that too could prove a nail too sharp for some.
                        .....never thought the time would come that i'd say "Hooray for Julian Lewis"....A missed step in the Jelly wobble junta....
                        bong ching

Comment

Perhaps he'll now have enough spare time to help out shovelling coal on his nearest heritage railway.

Comment

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
                            Indeed, and that bi-partisanship is PRECISELY what D.Cumkings and his henchpersons deffo do NOT want.
                            If people come to agree across the spectrum, then the intensely and deliberately partisan way they are attempting to run the country will die a death.
                            The Lewis coup might well prove to be more significant than seems so at first sight.
                            ......and we might get the 'Russia report' sooner rather than later - or even not at all, had Grayling been voted in

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                              Indeed, and that bi-partisanship is PRECISELY what D.Cumkings and his henchpersons deffo do NOT want.
                              If people come to agree across the spectrum, then the intensely and deliberately partisan way they are attempting to run the country will die a death.
                              The Lewis coup might well prove to be more significant than seems so at first sight.
                              ......and we might get the 'Russia report' sooner rather than later - or even not at all, had Grayling been voted in
                              ....well said
                              bong ching

Comment

Comments on article in The Times look to be 99% condemning of the Cummings/Johnson administration. Usually a squad of Tory bots defending the indefensible. Its probably a vain hope for them to be unseated before no deal Brexit and Scottish independence are irreversible (and the rest - independent judges, sovereignty of Parliament and more).

Comment

Working...
                                X