This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post
    ......so if anyone wants to suggest a Stewart? That would probably be a good starting point!
    Copeland?
    Andy?
    Rod?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Copeland?
      Andy?
      Rod?
      The third.

Comment

Does The Channel (and I'm noting the capital on "[B]T[/]he") refer to the English Channel or from, say, BBC to ITV?
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          Does The Channel (and I'm noting the capital on "[B]T[/]he") refer to the English Channel or from, say, BBC to ITV?
          I don't think the capital is relevant. I suppose a capital that might be is Rome.

Comment

.......So you need to find a song by Rod Stewart. I would suggest that it isn't an obvious one. As for "The Channel", I'm not sure what Flay had in mind. However, a theme recorded for a British television station could also lead you to the right answer.

There may well be a classical link to "The Channel" part in Flay's clue but the clue I have given for it is pop. Not that pop is wholly out of sync with Radio 3 tonight. Have you listened to it? If not, have a swift drink before you do!

Comment

......and as we fast approach that all important 2 hours and 30 minutes mark.

Never a dull moment here!!

Comment

......So erm, Lateral's logging off at 10.30pm. Dig out the crampons. It's turned into a cliffhanger!

Comment

Sorry - is something exciting going on? Or is there a fire somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
                    Sorry - is something exciting going on? Or is there a fire somewhere?
                    Radio 3 has got One Nation Under a Groove. What more do you want?

Comment

Oh dear, it looks as if nobody wants to play.
                      Night night everyone. See you in the morning!

Comment

It's been memorable but alas it is time for the oldies to hit the duvet. Young Olympian violinists, the night is all yours:

(He was rubbish after '72 anyway)

Comment

Poor Lats, I am so sorry for putting you through that torment I had to leave abruptly so I had asked Lats to look out for my G which I now realise was poorly thought out.

My night out was a trial too. One of those obligations - a friend's birthday and I was the designated driver. I so wanted to be tucked up in bed with a cocoa. They'll probably have caught the plague off me now

One object of my G would have left the home country and travelled south over the Med. The second must have crossed the English Channel to reach our capital. The rest were sung about by dear old Rod. Never a dull moment eh?
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                            Poor Lats, I am so sorry for putting you through that torment I had to leave abruptly so I had asked Lats to look out for my G which I now realise was poorly thought out.

My night out was a trial too. One of those obligations - a friend's birthday and I was the designated driver. I so wanted to be tucked up in bed with a cocoa. They'll probably have caught the plague off me now

One object of my G would have left the home country and travelled south over the Med. The second must have crossed the English Channel to reach our capital. The rest were sung about by dear old Rod. Never a dull moment eh?
                            1 Rossini Italian Girl in Algiers
                            3 Rod Stewart Italian Girls
                            2 ?
                            l

Comment

Good man, cloughie. No more clues needed!
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Is the missing one The Italian Girl in London (L'italiana in Londra) by Domenico Cimarosa? (How is your man-flu this morning Flay?)

Comment

Working...
                                X