X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mercia View Post
    Gemini Suite / Jon Lord ?

just trying to be helpful

Re: Nina... Did that Irish girl who represented Ireland in Eurovision who I think was called Nina tout court, did she sing "The Age of Aquarius"? I'm hearing it my mind's ear, but a short search reveals nothing

(btw I have to go out now for an hour or so)
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Nina Badric ?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Re: Nina... Did that Irish girl who represented Ireland in Eurovision who I think was called Nina tout court, did she sing "The Age of Aquarius"? I'm hearing it my mind's ear, but a short search reveals nothing

(btw I have to go out now for an hour or so)
        No but you've earned the I, I'm off-line for a bit, and we need to move on. The Nina I had in mind was more famous for that other Hairy Hit. Got it?

So over to you, unless someone wishes to issue a Cal I ban!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          that other Hairy Hit
          did Nina Simone do a version of Age of Aquarius ?

I'm sure caliban will have a brilliant I up his sleeve

Comment

Well, the Nina has baffled me as I had thought it would be Nina Simone, but cannot see that she ever recorded Aquarius (although she did record another song from Hair) so I remain baffled until someone reveals the answer!
            Edit: cross posting with mercia

Comment

Mercia and Anna - that was the Nina.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Mercia and Anna - that was the Nina.
                So, what was the song cloughie? And was it from Hair? (Just to tidy things up whilst we wait for Cali to finish watching Corrie!)

Comment

No advance on the Nini issue? Wonder if I'm right....

Dear old Nina Simone did nothing aquarian as far as I know... and can't think of any classical Ninas who sing other than Nina Stemme and she hasn't done anything relevant either...

Damn.... sorry, things had moved on - my post was suspended in mid-flow by a phone call. So Nina Simone Couldn't find any reference to her aquarian involvement (drops name in small voice: she was a client of mine...)

I'll try and do an I

Comment

Back to the classical waters of Radio 3: an I to link Antonio, George and Nicola

Comment

I thought the I might have been influenced by this afternoon's match, so thought Ireland!! But apart from the Vivaldi (O’stravaganza Fantasy on Vivaldi by famous Irish composer Turlough O'Carolan) couldn't make it work for the other two! (Presumably you will be watching this afternoon?)

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        I thought the I might have been influenced by this afternoon's match, so thought Ireland!! But apart from the Vivaldi (O’stravaganza Fantasy on Vivaldi by famous Irish composer Turlough O'Carolan) couldn't make it work for the other two! (Presumably you will be watching this afternoon?)
                        One word of that is relevant!

About 40 mins-worth of last week's Corrie to go - and then later I dare say I shall be watching a spot of Celt-on-Celt action, yup!

Comment

Nicola
                          is that Miss Benedetti ?

Comment

One word of that is relevant!
                            About 40 mins-worth of last week's Corrie to go - and then later I dare say I shall be watching a spot of Celt-on-Celt action, yup!
                            Oh, very droll. The one word being Vivaldi!
                            Well, as for Celt-on-Celt action, referring back to your query re vintner's assertion that the French are Celts, well yes, obviously they were Gauls (I know my Asterix) but were pushed West into Brittany, so the Bretons are indeed Celts, I think the Breton language is similar to the Cornish language and some Welsh Saints landed up in Brittany and vice versa. Anyway, I reckon that looking at the statistics regarding the Irish results in Paris your team will triumph, should be a good match. As to Corrie, yes, totally agree with you and Norfy, Chis Gascoyne is terrific actor, totally believable, but I don't think he done it! Although of course nothing has been done yet to anyone, I would hate to give any plot spoilers away!

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                              is that Miss Benedetti ?

Fraid not, mercia.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                Oh, very droll. The one word being Vivaldi!
                                Well, as for Celt-on-Celt action, referring back to your query re vintner's assertion that the French are Celts, well yes, obviously they were Gauls (I know my Asterix) but were pushed West into Brittany, so the Bretons are indeed Celts, I think the Breton language is similar to the Cornish language and some Welsh Saints landed up in Brittany and vice versa. Anyway, I reckon that looking at the statistics regarding the Irish results in Paris your team will triumph, should be a good match. As to Corrie, yes, totally agree with you and Norfy, Chis Gascoyne is terrific actor, totally believable, but I don't think he done it! Although of course nothing has been done yet to anyone, I would hate to give any plot spoilers away!

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X