This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Re: Nina... Did that Irish girl who represented Ireland in Eurovision who I think was called Nina tout court
    Did you mean Dana, Cali?
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Fraid not, mercia.
      Well that blows my second theory out of the water! And now, I guess, the George is not Handel but Michael!

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Did you mean Dana, Cali?
        Oh probably.... Four letters ending in 'na' - they're all the same on a Sunday morning after far too little sleep
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Well that blows my second theory out of the water! And now, I guess, the George is not Handel but Michael!

No way....!! I already embarrassed myself my attempting to operate outside my comfort zone with Nina... errr Dana...

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
            I've commented before on Chris Gascoyne's acting. It's never less than very good, and frequently the best anywhere on the telly. The lady wife and I repeatedly sit there saying 'Peter - you're a fool', but he won't listen, will he?

In contrast, sadly, Anne Kirkbride and William Roache (Ken and Deirdrie) seem to be going through the motions. While this may be understandable given the way their offspring have turned out, I would have thought they could have developed a wider range of facial and verbal expressions over the years.
            Indeed - but they're like the gargoyles at the entrance to the cathedral (and there's a few more on the cast): grotesque, unchanging, highlighting the quality of the rest...

Yes I remember you commenting on his acting before, Norfs...

Few things more satisfying on the box than to see stupid, nasty Sally Webster given her comeuppance (Who's the AA'er who held a candle for her?? Not you, Norfs? Was it Taps?! )

Comment

Clues anyone?

(Corrie's finished - I thought The Deed was already done... rather a let down... Have to wait till next weekend for some real catharsis... )

Comment

I did wonder if you'd already given a hint: there's an opera by Vivaldi called L'Incoronazione di Dario but I haven't found any comparable "Corries" by Georges Gershwin, Antheil or Butterworth (and Handel's Coronation Anthems would be cheating!) or Nicola-s LeFanu or Sani.

So a cluelette would be welcome here!
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Few things more satisfying on the box than to see stupid, nasty Sally Webster given her comeuppance (Who's the AA'er who held a candle for her?? Not you, Norfs? Was it Taps?! )
                  OMG, I said ages ago Sally Webster was, well, not very nice (I'm being polite) when she was being horrible to (sorry I cannot remember who) but it was Norfy I think what held a candle (probably a candelabra or even two) in her defence.

OMG Mark II. This thread has been derailed by Corrie! And who was it who remarked upon Dreary Deidre and her neck veins? Oh, I do miss Mad Becky!!

Ahem, 45 mins to kick off. Are we all rather over excited? There will be tears before bedtime

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                    I did wonder if you'd already given a hint: there's an opera by Vivaldi called L'Incoronazione di Dario but I haven't found any comparable "Corries" by Georges Gershwin, Antheil or Butterworth (and Handel's Coronation Anthems would be cheating!) or Nicola-s LeFanu or Sani.

So a cluelette would be welcome here!

You're sniffing around the right sort of area.... nothing to do with Corries through - wrong ceremony

The three names in the question are indeed all the first names of composers.

Comment

Anything to do with I Musici?

Comment

You're sniffing around the right sort of area.... nothing to do with Corries through - wrong ceremony :winkeye
                        So, it's either a wedding or a funeral. The more cynical amongst us would say that both amount to the same fate. <world weary sigh emoticon>

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                          Anything to do with I Musici?
                          I'm sure they may have played music by all three composers but that's not the I in question.

Anna's on the right track, with her god-like Welsh wisdom

Comment

Anna's on the right track, with her god-like Welsh wisdom
                            Actually, Cariad Caliban, that's Goddess, rather than God. I do have the usual female secondary sex characteristics although I am pleased you credit me with some wisdom! Shall I do a Cassandra and rummage in a chicken's entrails to predict the score this afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                              Actually, Cariad Caliban, that's Goddess, rather than God. I do have the usual female secondary sex characteristics although I am pleased you credit me with some wisdom! Shall I do a Cassandra and rummage in a chicken's entrails to predict the score this afternoon?

Trying to be politically-correct - does the habit of calling all thespians, irrespective of gender, "actors" not apply to deities then?

Plus I was trying to give a CLUUUUUUUUUUUE !

Go on then - what's the score going to be?

Comment

Go on then - what's the score going to be?
                                Ireland win by either 1 or 2 points, OR
                                France win by 20 points.
                                I dunno, the chicken wouldn't submit to the evisceration!!
                                I'll catch up with you apres le match

Comment

Working...
                                X