X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
    Orange?

With a variant in the form of The Miraculous Mandarin?

One of your best quips, rubbers - I nearly got tea on my macbook pro keyboard, 7 days after it was returned after repair having taken some water damage. I would not have thanked you...
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Would you care to elucidate upon that rubbernecker?

Comment

Orange?

With a variant in the form of The Miraculous Mandarin?
        The film could then be Pip, Squeak and Wilfred?

Or, of course The Avengers, with Emma Peel?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Petter View Post
          The film could then be Pip, Squeak and Wilfred?
          No, sorry. The film is by a very famous director, whose previous film, as this one, was quite groundbreaking. Rubbernecker's on the right track. There is another variant of the O family which I have not mentioned before in an opera which could give you sticky fingers. There is also a tenuous Pink Floyd connection.
          Last edited by Guest; 12-02-11, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
            Well, BTS, if that is the case, there may well be a research copy of Early Flights vol. 3 with your name on it...
            Yes! I have found it. I also have the documentary 'Which one is Pink?'. Suggest we revert to PM for details.

Comment

Clockwork Orange

The ballet is Ecstatic Orange

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                Would you care to elucidate upon that rubbernecker?
                e...what?

Oranges (film)
                Oranges is 2007 drama film starring Tom Sizemore , Tom Arnold , Heather Locklear and Jill Hennessy . Plot: The movie plot follows a ... zzzzzzzzzzz

Or A Clockwork Orange (film) dir. Stanley Kubrick
                From the Book of the Same Name by Anthony Burgess
                Wendy (pka Walter of Switched on Bach fame) Carlos wrote the music, don't stop me now, I'm on a roll... aaagh!

The Love of Three Oranges (opera) by Prokofiev
                There's these three oranges, right? And one says to the other... etc

Ecstatic Orange an orchestral work by Michael Torke released on a collection of 'colourful' works on the Argo label, now sadly deleted but luckily I have a copy...

(That's enough elucidation, ed)

Comment

e...what?

Oranges (film)
                  Oranges is 2007 drama film starring Tom Sizemore , Tom Arnold , Heather Locklear and Jill Hennessy . Plot: The movie plot follows a ... zzzzzzzzzzz

Or A Clockwork Orange (film) dir. Stanley Kubrick
                  From the Book of the Same Name by Anthony Burgess
                  Wendy (pka Walter of Switched on Bach fame) Carlos wrote the music, don't stop me now, I'm on a roll... aaagh!

The Love of Three Oranges (opera) by Prokofiev
                  There's these three oranges, right? And one says to the other... etc

Ecstatic Orange an orchestral work by Michael Torke released on a collection of 'colourful' works on the Argo label, now sadly deleted but luckily I have a copy...

(That's enough elucidation, ed)
                  I personally think that Miraculous Mandarin is a much more interesting and amusing answer than some **** by Torke - assuming as one must that 'orange' is the answer...

But the ballet??

Comment

Yes, it was ORANGE Kubrick - Clockwork Orange, Bartok - Miraculous Mandarin, Prokofiev - For the Love of Three Oranges, Torke - Ecstatic Orange. Spin-offs were Rossini - Barber of Seville (seville oranges, marmalade=sticky fingers), Pink Floyd - Live at the Orange Bowl, Miami.

So, although Between the Staves got two rubbernecker got the majority of the clues and the initial colour, so over to you for a P

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                      I personally think that Miraculous Mandarin is a much more interesting and amusing answer than some **** by Torke - assuming as one must that 'orange' is the answer...

But the ballet??
                      A one act pantomime ballet composed by Béla Bartók between 1918–1924, and based on the story by Melchior Lengyel. Premiered November 27, 1926 in Cologne, Germany, it caused a scandal and was subsequently banned. Henceforth only performed as orchestral.

Comment

Anna: es tut mir leid, aber ich spreche kein Walisisch! Just to let you know that I shall be watching the Scotland v Wales game in a spirit of strict neutrality. Tomorrow could be tricky, as I'm 12.5% Irish but can't help cheering for France when they send the right team. Plus, as I've said before, they have the best anthem.

Comment

Yes, it was ORANGE Kubrick - Clockwork Orange, Bartok - Miraculous Mandarin, Prokofiev - For the Love of Three Oranges, Torke - Ecstatic Orange. Spin-offs were Rossini - Barber of Seville (seville oranges, marmalade=sticky fingers), Pink Floyd - Live at the Orange Bowl, Miami.

So, although Between the Staves got two rubbernecker got the majority of the clues and the initial colour, so over to you for a P

Oh b******s !! Of course Mandarin IS the ballet!! I always think of it as an orchestral showpiece. You can see why I never get any of the answers...

Fun question Anna (even though Orpheus and others fit the bill just as well - almost)

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                            And what's more it appears to have been correct! You're too kind, Caliban, or just easily bribed with the promise of a birthday gift book on Pink Floyd.

Would you care to take over P duties? I am a little exhausted and need to gird my loins for the long journey to Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                              Anna: es tut mir leid, aber ich spreche kein Walisisch! Just to let you know that I shall be watching the Scotland v Wales game in a spirit of strict neutrality
                              I will, of course, not be watching in a spirit of neutrality! Goodness, what an afternoon, luckily I am female and used to multi-tasking and watching England v Italy, putting together a chicken korma and onion bharjis for later and playing puzzles!

Comment

luckily I am female and used to multi-tasking and watching England v Italy, putting together a chicken korma and onion bharjis for later and playing puzzles!
                                I may have to make a short detour...

Comment

Working...
                                X