This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Well, I just knew it was Nono (pub quiz mode again!) but rubbernecker has more knowledge than me with regard to Intoleranza so I'm willing for him to continue with O as I have nothing prepared and today is a Rugby afternoon! (England v Italy just started and then it's Scotland v Wales)

No, No...

It was entirely Anna's brilliance, I insist on her being honoured with O

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
      No, No...

It was entirely Anna's brilliance, I insist on her being honoured with O
      Oh, No, No, I've got to think of an O !!! Give us a bit of time then to get brain in gear. Talk amongst yourselves (preferably about Pink Floyd)

Comment

Anna, If I were a woman and you were a man I think I'd want your babies.
        Steady on rubbernecker, you'll have Caliban telling us to get a room again!
        Good job I read the whole thread since I went away, I was going to say something similar. Rubbers, this is the 21st century - I'm sure something can be arranged with suitable medical advice.

Talking of 21st century families, I just met a mutual friend during my trip out - baleful news about which I shall write you a PM as this seems to be a reliable forum for communicating with you!!!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Talking of 21st century families, I just met a mutual friend during my trip out - baleful news about which I shall write you a PM as this seems to be a reliable forum for communicating with you!!!
          Sounds most intriguing... but yes, given the soap-opera prurience with which some of us appear to be afflicted, best keep it as a PM

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
            Nono - purveyor of the most beautiful dissonances
            You could convert me, Tapiola. Any recommended recordings?

Comment

OK, this is really simple (England playing very well btw) and is all I could come up with. You'll get it within minutes I know.

What O (and one varient) is common to a Ballet, an Opera, an Orchestral piece and a Film?

Comment

. . . and then it's Scotland v Wales)
                Pob lwc am heno! Cymru am byth.
                My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                  Pob lwc am heno! Cymru am byth.
                  Diolch yn fawr! Siarad Cymraeg?

Comment

Certainly was, from the age of 14, perhaps less so now. I imagine there are quite a few closet Floydies frequenting these boards. And I happen to know Caliban is a big fan of 'Wish You Were Here'.
                    As am I. I've been a fan since "Piper".

Nick Mason's book is well worth a read.

Comment

OK, this is really simple (England playing very well btw) and is all I could come up with. You'll get it within minutes I know.

What O (and one varient) is common to a Ballet, an Opera, an Orchestral piece and a Film?
                      Orpheus?

Ballet (Stravinsky), opera (Monteverdi - Orfeo), Orchestral Piece (Liszt), Film (Cocteau - Orfee)

Comment

Without thinking too hard, I would have thought Orpheus must have appeared in all four guises?

Comment

I guess it could be Orpheus, but it ain't I'm afraid. The varient is not an O but a relation. England are slaughtering Italy at the moment (and that's not a clue!)

Comment

Othello would fit too, as would Ondine/Undine

Comment

Othello would fit too
                              No, not Othello. Think something less classical, more prosaic.

Comment

No, not Othello. Think something less classical, more prosaic.
                                Orange?

With a variant in the form of The Miraculous Mandarin?

Comment

Working...
                                X