X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What 'S' links:a sudden change of mood; a New York neighbourhood; a circus performer; and the windows to the soul?

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
      What 'S' links:a sudden change of mood; a New York neighbourhood; a circus performer; and the windows to the soul?
      I was going to say Swing but it seems too obvious on the one hand and unsuitable to some of the clues on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        I was going to say Swing but it seems too obvious on the one hand and unsuitable to some of the clues on the other.
        Same goes for Sausage and Salsify, unfortunately

Comment

You're both correct inasmuch as you're both wrong.

Comment

I got sidetracked, with circus performer, reading fascinating wiki entry for Pablo Fanque (for the benefit of Mr. Kite) but I wonder if we are looking for musical theatre rather than classical? #Edit: Thought you was off to the cricket today Ammy?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Same goes for Sausage and Salsify, unfortunately
              Thought you were going to masquerade as someone slightly older at Lords?

Comment

The circus performer is understandably the hardest to spot...

Comment

like a flea perhaps ?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      Thought you were going to masquerade as someone slightly older at Lords?
                      I was!

Relatively early night, alarum set for 07:00, sarnie filling identified, J R Hartley straw hat located. The alarum alerted me as arranged but Sarah Montague's voice lulled me & awoke again at 08:45 & I felt defeated so I'm listening to the commentary on LW, safe in the knowledge that I can watch highlights tonight on C5.

A great shame, almost as bad as missing Haitink doing Bruckner yesterday

Comment

Like the rest isn't!

Comment

You're both correct inasmuch as you're both wrong.
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                            like a flea perhaps ?
                            ... but not this one?

Leonid Kharitonov - "The Song about the Flea" (with English subtitles).This song was written by M. P. Mussorgsky in 1879. The words are from Goethes poem Fau...

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              I was!

Relatively early night, alarum set for 07:00, sarnie filling identified, J R Hartley straw hat located. The alarum alerted me as arranged but Sarah Montague's voice lulled me & awoke again at 08:45 & I felt defeated so I'm listening to the commentary on LW, safe in the knowledge that I can watch highlights tonight on C5.

A great shame, almost as bad as missing Haitink doing Bruckner yesterday

I'm kicking myself about the Bruckner, too!! I didn't even know it was happening, too RFH-centric here Very annoying.

Wouldn't worry about the cricket, it's an annoyingly drab day out there, grey and an eye-wateringly chill edge to the wind. (Looks like it's perking up a little, though but).

Most intriguing S: the for "flea" is presumably an indication that it's a route to the solution? Got me stumped for the moment!

Silver lining: I've discovered there's a neighbourhood in Queen's, NY called... Bayswater!!
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                                like a flea perhaps ?
                                Oh Dear! And I was working on Seal, which both circuses and windows can have.

At least mine began with 'S', so the flea can only be a stepping stone. (Surely not 'Song of the'?)

Comment

Working...
                                X