This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    As a matter of interest, if buying more than one octopus, vinrosé, what would you ask the fishmonger for?
    I dunno; but the Fishmonger would probably ask for Six Squid.

<tumbleweedemoticon>
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I love it, vindechampagne relentlessly pursuing his personal agendum ! I find the use of 'conundrum' amusing in any event, and crying out for comedy plurals.

As a matter of interest, if buying more than one octopus, vinrosé, what would you ask the fishmonger for?
      A tangle of octopodes, svp my good woman

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

<tumbleweedemoticon>

I was suckered by that

Comment

"...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Cicely Courtneidge's got her tongue caught in her eye-tooth ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

... so she can't see what she's saying

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              The puzzle has Broadly speaking with a capital B - is there a cricket connection? Lifted the lid - saucepans have lids - the Olympic flame is in Wales - Sospan Fach?
              Top marks to Anna for at least trying... but I'm loving the chit-chat

There is indeed a Broad way of looking at one of these.

saucepans have lids
              What else does, musically speaking?
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                Top marks to Anna for at least trying... There is indeed a Broad way of looking at one of these. What else does, [have lids] musically speaking?
                Obviously pianos have lids and Broadwood is a make of piano, but that gets us no further forward!

Comment

Obviously pianos have lids and Broadwood is a make of piano, but that gets us no further forward!
                  I didn't say Broad wood, did I

Yes, a piano is involved in the first F answer, but one could argue about it being played
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Ah! "Broad way"? Are we talking Musical Theatre for at least one element? The Flower Drum Song, f'rinstance?
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Ah! "Broad way"? Are we talking Musical Theatre for at least one element? The Flower Drum Song, f'rinstance?
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh you are clever, ferns

In which case the Indian river thing would be the jolly old Flower duet from Lakmé
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Oh you are clever, ferns

In which case the Indian river thing would be the jolly old Flower duet from Lakmé
                          Absolutely!

One to go. Get in there, Anna, rattle the railings!
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                            One to go. Get in there, Anna, rattle the railings!
                            Do you know, the Flaming Torch has come to Wales. So, thinks I, what a good idea to have a squint at it now and again via the BBC live link. Ha! There was a warning, coverage is likely to be disrupted today. After 1 minute - total blackout for first stage, everytime I look - blackouts on and off - now it says We're told we are in a 3G blackspot, which was to be expected in parts of Wales.The torchbearers are currently carrying the flame through Pontypool and we hope to be back with them as soon as technology will allow. And you people wonder why we cannot even get DAB when the BBC cannot even provide a live web streaming thingy! Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest! Goodness knows what'll happen when it gets into remoter areas and I bet there'll be no press coverage in the national press! Pontypool ain't halfway up a mountain either!! Edit: No, I don't have the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              ooh thanks, I haven't heard that for a long time

reminds me of that excitable American radio reporter getting tongue-tied over his report of the fire at the Firestone tyre factory

Comment

Do you know, the Flaming Torch has come to Wales. So, thinks I, what a good idea to have a squint at it now and again via the BBC live link. Ha! There was a warning, coverage is likely to be disrupted today. After 1 minute - total blackout for first stage, everytime I look - blackouts on and off - now it says We're told we are in a 3G blackspot, which was to be expected in parts of Wales.The torchbearers are currently carrying the flame through Pontypool and we hope to be back with them as soon as technology will allow. And you people wonder why we cannot even get DAB when the BBC cannot even provide a live web streaming thingy! Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest! Goodness knows what'll happen when it gets into remoter areas and I bet there'll be no press coverage in the national press! Pontypool ain't halfway up a mountain either!! Edit: No, I don't have the answer.
                                Obviously a Bible-blackspot in South Wales
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X