This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Northender View Post
    You'll find the remaining composition in the Hollywooder Songbook.
    You'll need the original German title of this song, which is dedicated to something on which you could hear the other two pieces.
    I'lll pop back in half an hour or so, after lunch, hope that's OK!
    To The Little Wireless Set?

He wants it in German!

An den kleinen Radioapparat

Comment

So it is a radio! And I've been chasing transvestities and goodness knows what Caliban's been chasing in his research ........ I'm off now, Wales are playing a friendly against the Barbarians. Good puzzle Northender.
      Edit: Strange feeling seeing Shane Williams leading the Baa-Baas out of the tunnel!
      Last edited by Guest; 02-06-12, 14:00.

Comment

I have to pop out to get some shopping but should be back in 40 mins - now 13:55

Comment

Excellent work, amateur51!
          Kurt Weill - Kleine Dreigroschenmusik - based on music from the Dreigroschenoper.
          Hanns Eisler -An meinen kleinen Radioapparat - which translates as 'To My Little Radio Set' (or tranny).
          You could use the tranny to listen to Mozart's 'Eine kleine Nachtmusik' as you settled down to listen to Brain of Britain on Radio 4.

Comment

Northender, curious about your pseudonym, a football link?

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
              Excellent work, amateur51!
              Kurt Weill - Kleine Dreigroschenmusik - based on music from the Dreigroschenoper.
              Hanns Eisler -An meinen kleinen Radioapparat - which translates as 'To My Little Radio Set' (or tranny).
              You could use the tranny to listen to Mozart's 'Eine kleine Nachtmusik' as you settled down to listen to Brain of Britain on Radio 4.
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Cor triffic stuff, Northender!

What L got his cycling style from César, wrote lyrically about Andromeda and unfortunately was unable to Look Forward in Angers

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Northender, curious about your pseudonym, a football link?
                  oh you boyz!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    What L got his cycling style from César, wrote lyrically about Andromeda and unfortunately was unable to Look Forward in Angers
                    Blimey!! Some solid old puzzles today!! As elegant as it's impenetrable, that, Ams!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                      Blimey!! Some solid old puzzles today!! As elegant as it's impenetrable, that, Ams!
                      Oh you and your big blue eyes, Caliban!

Mercs'll be along in a mo' so get your googling digits going or else ....

Did anyone see that BBCTV programme about Smithfield? - like the previous programme about Billingsgate it was alarmingly masculine in an old-fashioned and unreconstructed way :shudder*
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-06-12, 15:21. Reason: trypo

Comment

A search in Google seems to throw up a (not very famous ??? ) Belgian who seems to tick all the boxes. I will leave it for someone else to complete as I shall be away from keyboard for the next few hours not celebrating the Jubilee.

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
                          A search in Google seems to throw up a (not very famous ??? ) Belgian who seems to tick all the boxes. I will leave it for someone else to complete as I shall be away from keyboard for the next few hours not celebrating the Jubilee.
                          My admiration for your unforced diplomacy is undimmed, scb

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post

And with a twirl of his wand and an "Expelliamus!" Dumbledore was gone... But Lo! his spell had enlivened the mind of Caliban and brought forth a joyous cry of

Lekeu !!!!

Comment

Oh, I was just going to post Guillaume Lekeu, studied with Franck, died in Angers, wrote Andromede!!But I was watching the end of rugby interviews!
                              Last edited by Guest; 02-06-12, 16:03. Reason: typo in name

Comment

And with a twirl of his wand and an "Expelliamus!" Dumbledore was gone... But Lo! his spell had enlivened the mind of Caliban and brought forth a joyous cry of

Lekeu !!!!

Bravissimo Calibano!

Care to do the Anna for us?

Comment

Working...
                                X