This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flay View Post
    I am seeing visions... I thought Caliban was on the Espresso, then his message vanished.
    No v-v-visions... I realised my question about the V puzzle was really stupid and deleted it! The espresso remark disappeared as well. I'm really happy actually - I've had an espresso machine for years, and i've noticed that the performance changes with the weather, presumably because atmospheric pressure alters the performance of the pump etc. Everyone I've told that to says I'm nuts - but it's been confirmed (by the Roman friend that's staying, one of my oldest mates, but hasn't been here for 10 years) that I am completely correct... Indeed, the best barmen in Rome apparently change the grind of the coffee and the force with which one compresses the dose of coffee into the handle before making the coffee, all dependant on the weather conditions and humidity etc., in order to get the perfect espresso.

So I'm not mad, I'm not mad, I'm not mad (keep repeating it, the nurse said.... )
    Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 05-07-12, 09:21.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      No v-v-visions... I realised my question about the V puzzle was really stupid and deleted it! The espresso remark disappeared as well. I'm really happy actually - I've had an espresso machine for years, and i've noticed that the performance changes with the weather, presumably because atmospheric pressure alters the performance of the pump etc. Everyone I've told that to says I'm nuts - but it's been confirmed (by the Roman friend that's staying, one of my oldest mates, but hasn't been here for 10 years) that I am completely correct... Indeed, the best barmen in Rome apparently change the grind of the coffee and the force with which one compresses the dose of coffee into the handle before making the coffee, all dependant on the weather conditions and humidity etc., in order to get the perfect espresso.

So I'm not mad, I'm not mad, I'm not mad (keep repeating it, the nurse said.... )
      More beans, Baldrick - more beans - hurry, man!

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
        More beans, Baldrick - more beans - hurry, man!
        Then stand well clear...

Sorry to keep you hanging on, you know how it is

Let's have a W: One was Barbaric, one Kinky, but Pierre hasn't composed it yet
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Let's have a W: One was Barbaric, one Kinky, but Pierre hasn't composed it yet
          I suspect "Waiting";
          Boulez has long been contemplating/writing an opera on Godot;
          Glass has adapted Coetzee's Waiting for the Barbarians;
          ... and the popular beat combo "Gifted but Twisted" have a number in their repertoire called Waiting for the Answer.

?
          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
            I suspect "Waiting";
            Boulez has long been contemplating/writing an opera on Godot;
            Glass has adapted Coetzee's Waiting for the Barbarians;
            ... and the popular beat combo "Gifted but Twisted" have a number in their repertoire called Waiting for the Answer.

?
            2 out of 3 ain't bad. But the Kinky one should be easy now...
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

If you think I'm going to risk googling 'kinky' and 'waiting' you've got another think coming!
              You've also reminded me of one of the most embarrassing of all 'novelty' numbers, namely 'Kinky Boots' by Mrs Peel and Mr Steed.

Comment

If you think I'm going to risk googling 'kinky' and 'waiting' you've got another think coming!
                please don't. We have enough kinks already
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

The Kinks So tired of waiting for you completes the trio I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    <doh>! Of course!

Comment

Thanks, Anna, you have saved Northy from further embarrassment!

I award the neXt letter to ferney
                      Last edited by Flay; 05-07-12, 12:21. Reason: tripo
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

You've also reminded me of one of the most embarrassing of all 'novelty' numbers, namely 'Kinky Boots' by Mrs Peel and Mr Steed.

Thanks for reminding me of that. It really was awful!! "Leather is so kinky...."
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I award the neXt letter to ferney
                          Thank you: I hope you won't be cross if I skip the X for a Y (surely we've exhausted all the X possibilities (Xenakis, Xylophone, Xerxes ...?)

A flower from the Christie minstrels;
                          attendants from a twisted-sounding composer;
                          and a laid-back Leitch.

Which Y?

Comment

Assuming the Leitch is Donovan, rather than Archibald and it's another footie question ..... Mellow Yellow springs to mind and then, possibly, Yellow Rose of Texas but the twisted composer I have no idea. But, it might not be Yellow of course!
                            Last edited by Guest; 05-07-12, 12:36. Reason: typing

Comment

Assuming the Leitch is Donovan

Mellow Yellow

... I don't do footie!
                              Forget roses and other bloomers!

Comment

Are the Christie Minstrels Les Arts Florissants?
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X