X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flay View Post
    i.e. Michael Torke
    <doh> Not paying attention here - I had his Yellow Pages when I last set Yellow. (Please keep up at the back )

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Awfully clever!
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        <doh> Not paying attention here - I had his Yellow Pages when I last set Yellow. (Please keep up at the back )
        Ahem, I was too polite to mention that we had Yellow last time...
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

We've had Yellow a zillion times - but it doesn't matter does it? Anyway, most of us can't remember what we had yesterday let alone 26 letters ago! And, don't mention Uuno Klami to Cali .....

Comment

Ooops!

I can only apologise: when seeking a suitable X, I encountered Xian Xinghai (one of the Yellow River Concerto composers), and after a fruitless attempt at a "double cross" clue, went for Yellow instead!

Any road up, the coleslaw:

Yellow;
            Yellow River, 60s hit by the band Christie;
            Mellow Yellow, by hippy croonster Donovan Leitch;
            The Yellow Pages ("pages" = "attendants") by Michael Torke

... I always have pronounced it like "Torque" (like the former Monkee), but apparently it should be more like "Torquay" - complete with herds of Wildebeest.

Anna got "Yellow" and Donovan; Flay got Christie and Torke. Would they care to toss a coin for the Z/A?
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              Anna got "Yellow" and Donovan; Flay got Christie and Torke. Would they care to toss a coin for the Z/A?
              Flay did all the work so I think the honours are his and I'm away for a while now until after 5pm.

Comment

I am a househusband today, a domestic god. I've done Morrison's, have put the pork casserole in, taken the dog to the vet, 2 wash loads.... And the day is nearly over! Where does the time go?

May I skip the Z and let you find me an A?

A Byrdie dance, something only Beecham could Handel, someone Wil said bye to, and for a bonus point, a cellist who connected rooms and changed a hall.
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh dear, I just put the slow cooker pot into the oven to hurry it up and have melted the handle! I'll be for it when she gets in
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I am a househusband today, a domestic god. I've done Morrison's, have put the pork casserole in, taken the dog to the vet, 2 wash loads.... And the day is nearly over! Where does the time go?

May I skip the Z and let you find me an A?

A Byrdie dance, something only Beecham could Handel, someone Wil said bye to, and for a bonus point, a cellist who connected rooms and changed a hall.

As long as you didn't put the dog in the oven and take the pork to the vet, I'm sure Mrs F will shower you with tokens of appreciation

Personally, I have 15 minutes between the end of the last meeting and the start of the next, and I confess to an inkling, Doctor.

Byrd wrote a part-song (I think) called Though Amaryllis Dance in Green
                    Sir Thos. Beecham arranged some Handel into a suite called Amaryllis
                    Wil + bye = John Wilbye = his madrigal Adieu, sweet Amaryllis

Hence the cellist is Amaryllis Fleming - in March 2009 the concert hall of the Royal College of Music, following refurbishment, was renamed the "Amaryllis Fleming Concert Hall" in her honour.

Out of the reckoning for a B for an hour though - so if anyone has one, jump in !
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Oh dear, I just put the slow cooker pot into the oven to hurry it up and have melted the handle! I'll be for it when she gets in

Still better than putting the dog in the oven!
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                        I confess to an inkling, Doctor.

Byrd wrote a part-song (I think) called Though Amaryllis Dance in Green
                        Sir Thos. Beecham arranged some Handel into a suite called Amaryllis
                        Wil + bye = John Wilbye = his madrigal Adieu, sweet Amaryllis

Hence the cellist is Amaryllis Fleming - in March 2009 the concert hall of the Royal College of Music, following refurbishment, was renamed the "Amaryllis Fleming Concert Hall" in her honour.
                        You inkled correctly, Calibs! Brilliant!

I have re-shaped the pot lid handle, perhaps she won't notice! I have to go and pick the dog up now, sans cyst (and me sans £190 ). I can wait for your B
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

p.s. what about the "rooms" reference to Amaryllis Fleming?
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I have re-shaped the pot lid handle, perhaps she won't notice!
                            OMG FLAY!!! You put the slow cooker in the over? You do realise it contains a heat-sensor in the bottom of the crockpot and you've probably buggered the whole thing up!!! Oooh, you'll be in trouble .............. Why didn't you just turn the thermostat up to High to speed it along?

Comment

I just put the casserole pot in the oven - it comes out. I'm not that thick! I assumed that as it is a casserole type of dish it would be ovenproof, but the handle is plastic <doh>
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

p.s. what about the "rooms" reference to Amaryllis Fleming?
                                wiki says Ms Fleming stood in for Bette Davis in a 1970 film called Connecting Rooms

Comment

Working...
                                X