X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic, cloughie!
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Fantastic, cloughie!
      Absolutely!

(Are we waiting for somebody's 'F', by the way?)

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
        Absolutely!

(Are we waiting for somebody's 'F', by the way?)
        Yes, time we got back to the real bread and butter of this board!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Yes, time we got back to the real bread and butter of this board!
          ..and stop loafing around, you mean?
          As it happens, last week I was walking up a local hill pushing my cycle (well, it's the wife's actually, and - more relevantly - it has a wicker basket on the front) when a lady walking down said hill said 'Are you the Hovis lad?' I suppose I should be grateful that she didn't ask me whether I was Granville, out delivering stuff for Arkwright.

Comment

As it happens, last week I was walking up a local hill pushing my cycle (well, it's the wife's actually, and - more relevantly - it has a wicker basket on the front) when a lady walking down said hill said 'Are you the Hovis lad?' I suppose I should be grateful that she didn't ask me whether I was Granville, out delivering stuff for Arkwright.
            Very g-g-g-g-good, G-G-G-G-Granville!!

Comment

Had you any breath left, Norths you might have asked her if she was Nurse Gladys - and chased her down the hill, phnnuuuurrr-phnnuurrrr

Comment

I hope you answered ' 'e were a reight good baker our old Dad'.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  Had you any breath left, Norths you might have asked her if she was Nurse Gladys - and chased her down the hill, phnnuuuurrr-phnnuurrrr
                  Had she not been accompanied by a chap who may well have been her husband, and more pertinently, had she borne a greater resemblance to Lynda Baron, I would have found the breath from somewhere.

Comment

It would be very useful to have an Anna's thingywotsit for E and decide who wants to decline the F - I seem to remember Res was about to abandon ship for a day or three, so what's F in' 'appenin'?

Comment

Had she not been accompanied by a chap who may well have been her husband, and more pertinently, had she borne a greater resemblance to Lynda Baron, I would have found the breath from somewhere.
                      Oh a Granville-Nurse Gladys-Arkwright threesome, how very modern

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                        I was working on a G-G-G-Gladys Emmanuel gag too, Ams, but ran out of time (shortly after I ran out of inspiration and courage re: bringing on a stern "Boys! " from Anna)

Comment

It would be very useful to have an Anna's thingywotsit for E
                          Elgar

The Apostles - Peter and Paul (though as I said Mary appears in said work but not Paul)
                          Introduction & Allegro - Malvern inspiration (not sure about that) - taking the waters
                          Nimrod - an aircraft

sorry I don't have an F

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                            Elgar

The Apostles - Peter and Paul (though as I said Mary appears in said work but not Paul)
                            Introduction & Allegro - Malvern inspiration (not sure about that) - taking the waters
                            Nimrod - an aircraft

sorry I don't have an F
                            Oh Fish!

Comment

Fish!
                              that could be the answer and we have to provide the clues

e.g. Sylvester's quintet

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                                that could be the answer and we have to provide the clues

e.g. Sylvester's quintet
                                or a m(nemo)nic.

Comment

Working...
                                X