This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Which P first put Harry in the can, commissioned a pair of BBs, inspired a piano quartet, and gained a Hollywood star?

The answer probably is William Primrose. He made the first recording of Harry Berlioz's Harold in Italy. He commissioned work from Bela Bartok and Benjamin Britten. He is in the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The Primrose Piano Quartet was formed in his memory.
    Cracking question, Gromit.

And a dazzing example of Anna's seemingly nonchalant solving skills
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I could expand that last clue re England's foremost, pour encourager les autres (as we often do say down by here) in that, a slight changing of the title led to a best selling book which has been dramatised and will be aired by BBC2 shortly and is about Victorian prostitutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        I found Corrie almost entirely devoid of interest this week, incidentally...

I agree. Perhaps the cast, or more likely the writers, are suffering from PTCSD (Post Tram Crash Sensation Disorder).

Comment

Anna/Rubbernecker:
          the mythical world of Corrie
          Mythical? In that case, how come you can actually SEE the Underworld Factory and Kevin's garage when you look up 'Water Street Manchester' on Google Street Maps?
          I would be very happy to see somebody new have a crack at 'Q', and indeed solve it. Have you considered posting the question on other threads as a way of advertising 'AA'?

Comment

(as we often do say down by here)
            Reminds me of a scene I once witnessed in a supermarket, (probably the Co-Op) in the valleys of a mother scolding her child saying: "Don't say by yurr, it's by hiurr!"

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
              Anna/Rubbernecker:

Mythical? In that case, how come you can actually SEE the Underworld Factory and Kevin's garage when you look up 'Water Street Manchester' on Google Street Maps?
              I would be very happy to see somebody new have a crack at 'Q', and indeed solve it. Have you considered posting the question on other threads as a way of advertising 'AA'?
              Well, I did have a look at Corrie this week, but the difficulty is not knowing the characters and quite frankly thought it rather dull.

I regret posting the easy-peasy Q now, you all obviously know the answer and I thought as rubra had no takers for his P it would be moving the project forward (that's a Zappa quote btw) I would be more than happy for anyone to solve it and set a more mind-bending R. If we advertised AA elsewhere, would they consider we are under the influence of the CoOp's finest and are on the 7 Step Programme?

Bit of a heart stopping moment here, I thought Bergamasco had been timed out! Absolutely fantastic match, won't say anymore for those viewing it later. But, something not to be missed.

Anyway, anyone want to finish the Q off and set an R?

Comment

Well, I did have a look at Corrie this week, but the difficulty is not knowing the characters and quite frankly thought it rather dull.

I regret posting the easy-peasy Q now, you all obviously know the answer and I thought as rubra had no takers for his P it would be moving the project forward (that's a Zappa quote btw) I would be more than happy for anyone to solve it and set a more mind-bending R. If we advertised AA elsewhere, would they consider we are under the influence of the CoOp's finest and are on the 7 Step Programme?

Bit of a heart stopping moment here, I thought Bergamasco had been timed out! Absolutely fantastic match, won't say anymore for those viewing it later. But, something not to be missed.

Anyway, anyone want to finish the Q off and set an R?
                You picked a bad week for Corrie, honestly. There have been a few good storylines recently, blackmail, insanity, revenge.... None of them apparent this week.

I haven't thought about Q yet, not least as I was also rivetted to that match in the Roman spring sunshine
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Actually, we don't all know the answer....but I'm happy to leave your 'Q' to those who do, as I have to prepare myself for the Wales-Ireland game.
                  As far as Corrie is concerned: I've always believed that the decision to increase the number of episodes to 5 a week was mistaken, as it was always likely to increase the incidence of troughs relative to peaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    You picked a bad week for Corrie, honestly. There have been a few good storylines recently, blackmail, insanity, revenge.... None of them apparent this week.

I haven't thought about Q yet, not least as I was also rivetted to that match in the Roman spring sunshine
                    And what a match that was! One of the best of the Tournament I think so far and what a brilliant result , I have another match to watch now, Wales v Ireland. If only the Welsh were not so undisciplined!

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                      Actually, we don't all know the answer....but I'm happy to leave your 'Q' to those who do, as I have to prepare myself for the Wales-Ireland game.
                      As far as Corrie is concerned: I've always believed that the decision to increase the number of episodes to 5 a week was mistaken, as it was always likely to increase the incidence of troughs relative to peaks.
                      Quo Vadis
                      Don’t cry for me
                      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Wales v Ireland for me too. Then a long drive. I will be taking a little break from the board until tomorrow a.m, so just let Q ride for now

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                          Quo Vadis
                          Anna is ensconsed in the rugby, bbm, but I know that isn't the right answer. It's a musical Q...

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                            Quo Vadis
                            Eo Romam iterum crucifigi So Jesus replied to Peter.

Gosh, you can take the Catholic out of the girl but you can't take the girl out of the Catholic doctrine.
                            Last edited by Guest; 13-03-11, 07:03.

Comment

Reminds me of a scene I once witnessed...
                              Lol.

And me of the old joke about the Lancashire mum who takes her son to the zoo. They stop outside the monkey cage, where two apes are becoming, er, amorous.

Says the lad: "Sithee over there mam, at them two monkeys ****ing".

He gets a clip on the ear from mum. "How many times have I told thee not to say 'sithee'?!"

PS I don't know the answer to Q, which is why I haven't done it!

Comment

Simon, can you solve the Q. I know you can! You started the thread

Comment

Working...
                                X