X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It had me flummoxed too! A Feminist question too.

Marchand d'oiseaux... Isn't that another term for a pimp? (Grabs his coat )
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      Marchand d'oiseaux... Isn't that another term for a pimp? (Grabs his coat )
      I shall ignore that last remark Flay (putting on her sternest feminist face ....) The 'feminist' was a bit of a throwaway remark to Cali, merely reflecting that she shared her first name with Ms. Greer and that she was the only female admitted to the exclusive gang of six. I'm not sure how often her music is performed now, there's a lot of it on Naxos.
      I'm hoping that when Cali rolls back into the office he'll report not only on lunch but his belated excursion for dinner into the country yesterday .... it's nonstop beer and skittles in Chancery isn't it? Bit like NHS practitioners swanning off endlessly to stay at the George V ..... <sticky out tongue emoticon>
      How are you cloughie down in Cornwall, did the floods affect you at all?

Comment

[ I feel really hurt that I haven't been insulted by Anna recently... ]

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
          Oh, I'll think of something Duckie .....

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            <consumed with jealousy emoticon> As I look forward to a sandwich ....
            I'll say not too much then, save that their CHOCOLATE & SALTED CARAMEL TART with Popcorn Ice Cream is a thing of considerable beauty. Sublime, almost...

I'm hoping that when Cali rolls back into the office he'll report not only on lunch but his belated excursion for dinner into the country yesterday .... it's nonstop beer and skittles in Chancery isn't it?
            No no.... I have today and tomorrow off.... *hic*.... not least for today's luncheon with one of my oldest friends

Journey back last night was complicated by the closure of the M4... suffice it to say I got to bed around 5.30am... (ok, I watched the Brazilian Grand Prix when I got home )

Accordingly, I started lunch and finished with a cocktail called "Corpse Reviver No. 4" - delicious and keeps one going - nay loquacious - but now, back home, I may need a snooze...

Wot no Us? Shall I try?
            Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 26-11-12, 18:10.
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              I'll say not too much then, save that their CHOCOLATE & SALTED CARAMEL TART with Popcorn Ice Cream is a thing of considerable beauty. Sublime, almost...
              That is EXACTLY the pudding I would have chosen when I read the menu .....

Comment

That is EXACTLY the pudding I would have chosen when I read the menu .....
                Unsurprising

See my amended message...

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                  May I have a go?

Comment

I shall ignore that last remark Flay (putting on her sternest feminist face ....) The 'feminist' was a bit of a throwaway remark to Cali, merely reflecting that she shared her first name with Ms. Greer and that she was the only female admitted to the exclusive gang of six. I'm not sure how often her music is performed now, there's a lot of it on Naxos.
                    I'm hoping that when Cali rolls back into the office he'll report not only on lunch but his belated excursion for dinner into the country yesterday .... it's nonstop beer and skittles in Chancery isn't it? Bit like NHS practitioners swanning off endlessly to stay at the George V ..... <sticky out tongue emoticon>
                    How are you cloughie down in Cornwall, did the floods affect you at all?
                    Fine, Anna - thanks for your concern - the floods did not get me personally but in the village the water rose uncomfortably high near the Square centre and the pub and high river levels near high tides meant a number of places suffered.

Ms Tailleferre wrote some lovely music!

Comment

I have a U... it links the lime trees of Berlin and the oak trees of Potsdam with noisy bad weather (and a mutant bird) in Austria.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                        I have a U... it links the lime trees of Berlin and the oak trees of Potsdam with noisy bad weather (and a mutant bird) in Austria.
                        Is it worth following unter here?

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                          You mean as in Kurt Weill: Zu Potsdam unter den Eichen (In Potsdam under the Oak Trees), for male chorus?
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Walther von der Vogelweide wrote a poem Unter den Linden.

I just added that as I think his name is It reminds me of Python http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K8_j...feature=fvwrel
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                              You mean as in Kurt Weill: Zu Potsdam unter den Eichen (In Potsdam under the Oak Trees), for male chorus?
                              I thought so and Franz dabbled in the Unter.........

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                                Yes, anton! You got out and got unter, most successfully !!

What did you have in mind? There isn't a Franz on the card...

Flay's 'Zu Potsdam unter den Eichen' (I know it from this very sexy album http://www.amazon.co.uk/Weill-Ute-Le...m_cd_album_lnk) and "Unter den Linden" are correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X