This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Oh; so not the Scherzo con malizia from Walton's First Symphony, then?
    Just joined in, that was my first thought too...
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Well, er, I think you're all in a Jam
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        Well, er, I think you're all in a Jam
        Tell me (all) about it!
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Tell me (all) about it!
          Town Called Malice written by Paul Weller of The Jam (entered the charts at no. 1 and stayed top for three weeks, preventing "Golden Brown" by The Stranglers from reaching number one).

Walter Weller was born in Vienna and moved to Liverpool in 1977 to become principal conductor of the RLPO.

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            Just joined in, that was my first thought too...
            Just joined in at 14:38? Cripes, that was a quick lunch (by your standards!)
            Bit of trivia re Malice. That's how The Cure started (the name) I used to love Robert Smith with his eyes, hair, and red lipstick (Well, each to their own ) but he did frighten me in the wardrobe. Oh, Happy Innocent Days!

Comment

Oh; so not the Scherzo con malizia from Walton's First Symphony, then?
              No

Comment

Town Called Malice written by Paul Weller of The Jam (entered the charts at no. 1 and stayed top for three weeks, preventing "Golden Brown" by The Stranglers from reaching number one).

Walter Weller was born in Vienna and moved to Liverpool in 1977 to become principal conductor of the RLPO.

Indeed it is Weller for the above reasons - not only was he born in Vienna but also became joint leasder with Willi Boskovsky and whilst there also formed the Weller Quartet. So Flay you move fro malice to X Y or Z, in some ways a poisoned chalice.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  So Flay you move from malice to X Y or Z, in some ways a poisoned chalice.
                  That really is malicious
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I need a Z please that links a March first for the first Mughal Emperor, Otto’s resting place, and an annular exile
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      Bit of trivia re Malice. That's how The Cure started (the name) I used to love Robert Smith with his eyes, hair, and red lipstick (Well, each to their own )
                      Just about the only beat combo from the '80s I ever enjoyed - vastly superior to the miserable Smiths. ('Tho' they got better when they ditched Morrissey and became a String Quartet. And Morrissey improved when he did Bob the Builder.)

but he did frighten me in the wardrobe. Oh, Happy Innocent Days!
                      If it ain't ungallant, may I ask what you were both doing in a wardr ... oh! Yes, it would be ungallant.
                      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

If it ain't ungallant, may I ask what you were both doing in a wardr ... oh! Yes, it would be ungallant.
                        I for one am keen to learn what the hell was going on in the wardr !!!
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I need a Z please that links a March first for the first Mughal Emperor, Otto’s resting place, and an annular exile
                          A famous Otto of the conducting clan died in Zurich and Wagner lived there, presumably until his debts became too vast.....

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            A famous Otto of the conducting clan died in Zurich and Wagner lived there, presumably until his debts became too vast.....
                            Absolutely, Anton. And for the third?
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Absolutely, Anton. And for the third?
                              Opera Babur in London opened in March 2012 in Zurich......

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                                Opera Babur in London opened in March 2012 in Zurich......
                                Absolutely, Anton
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X