X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will try to drag my recovery out as long as possible - they gave me a sick note and instructed me not to work for 2 weeks!

I don't think it will take that long. Mrs Flay expects me to do all the Xmas cards and sort out my desk, and...

At the moment I feel like a devil on one stick.

Now back to that AA puzzle...
    Last edited by Flay; 05-12-12, 00:20. Reason: trypo
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      I will try to drag my recovery out as long as possible - they gave me a sick note and instructed me not to work for 2 weeks! :biggrin
      Paradise....

I don't think it will take that long. Mrs Flay expects me to do all the Xmas cards and sort out my desk, and...
      ... postponed!

Now back to tke AA puzzle...

I almost forgot... Ammy's P...

What P connects a fox, a philosopher, and the devil upon two sticks?

Was your 'one stick' reference a sign that you have an inkling?
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Caliban - On 13 Nov Am51 posted:
        Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        How appropriate that m'learned friend should pass his 9,000th post milestone with this selfless effort Congratulations, Caliban!
        In just 3 weeks you've created another 500 messages and yellow blobs! (maybe cut it back to one or two posts a month and enjoy a weekly chat and cup of tea with a trick cyclist?)

Comment

Fox - Renard (Stravinsky) - commissioned by Princesse de Polignac --- ???

Comment

As was Satie's Socrate (a philosopher).

Comment

Francaix - Le diable boiteux - a devil on two sticks? (And another Polignac commission.)

Comment

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post

In just 3 weeks you've created another 500 messages and yellow blobs! (maybe cut it back to one or two posts a month and enjoy a weekly chat and cup of tea with a trick cyclist?)
                Kind of you to track these things (rather more closely than I do). What have trick cyclists got to do with anything?
                Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 05-12-12, 10:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Roslynmuse View Post
                  Francaix - Le diable boiteux - a devil on two sticks? (And another Polignac commission.)
                  Well done Roslynmuse - 100% correct

Wynetta Singer aka Princesse de Polignac was clearly a remarkable woman, in more ways than several

Would you care to favour us with a Q or an R

Comment

I will try to drag my recovery out as long as possible - they gave me a sick note and instructed me not to work for 2 weeks!

Now back to that AA puzzle...
                    Sorry to hear that you're in the sickroom with Nursey - is she bringing you junket and hot broth of the hour too

Seriously, I do hope that your recovery is under way and that a breakfast glass of will assist your card-writing hand

Comment

By a strange coincidence I have a CD of the Francaix in my car at the moment! (coupled with Oedipus Rex.)

I'm just about to go off to work and won't be back online till 10pm so if anyone else wants to set a puzzle be my guest!

Comment

Originally posted by Zucchini View Post

What a rude vegetable

Well we all know how a marrow is best served

Comment

By a strange coincidence I have a CD of the Francaix in my car at the moment! (coupled with Oedipus Rex.)

I'm just about to go off to work and won't be back online till 10pm so if anyone else wants to set a puzzle be my guest!

Comment

Originally posted by Roslynmuse View Post

Happy working, Roslynmuse

So ... anyone else fancy setting a Q or R puzzle?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                              What a rude vegetable

Well we all know how a marrow is best served

A troll I suspect. About to board my own bicycle, I'm hoping not to have to do any tricks despite it being wet under-tyre...

Might have time to set a quezzie later in the morning if no one else has..

Comment

A Quick Q which links with Paul, Sir Cliff and Cecil.

Comment

Working...
                                X