• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    Does Beef know about Anna's Law?
    Anna's law? wossat?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
      Does Beef know about Anna's Law?
      Don't put Beefy off with too many technicalities. An excellent debut, IMHO .

I think it was 2 to you cloughie (How would I Eno that he wasn't in U2?) and 1 to me.

AL summary: Eno's Fruit Salts, and as you said, Goodall - conductor of ENO and Brian Eno produce U2 albums
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        Don't put Beefy off with too many technicalities. An excellent debut, IMHO .

I think it was 2 to you cloughie (How would I Eno that he wasn't in U2?) and 1 to me.

AL summary: Eno's Fruit Salts, and as you said, Goodall - conductor of ENO and Brian Eno produce U2 albums
        Thanks for your positive comment Flay - actually it was fun, although I need to be more patiant

If it's all the same with you chaps, I wouldn't mind knowing what Anna's law is.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
          Anna's law? wossat?
          It was passed (I must stop these purgative references ) after the lovely Anna complained that nobody could link the question to a string of fragmented answers among the heckling and general ribaldry. So it was ascertained that the solver (or perhaps the setter) would simply specify the solution, hence Anna's Law
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Anna's law? wossat?
            A droll reference to Anna's request that at the end of a solving session, someone (setter or solver) draw the elements together so we floundering souls can see the solution at a glance. Hence "Anna's Law" .... or AL... or coleslaw... or potato salad... or other droll elaborations!!
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

What's happened to all my smileys?
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

It was passed (I must stop these purgative references ) after the lovely Anna complained that nobody could link the question to a string of fragmented answers among the heckling and general ribaldry. So it was ascertained that the solver (or perhaps the setter) would simply specify the solution, hence Anna's Law
                Problems with your emoticons, Flay?

They worked in my quote!! WTF is going on!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  A droll reference to Anna's request that at the end of a solving session, someone (setter or solver) draw the elements together so we floundering souls can see the solution at a glance. Hence "Anna's Law" .... or AL... or coleslaw... or potato salad... or other droll elaborations!!
                  Coincidentally you alluded to alliteration, Calibs! Incredible
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I thought my post #20939 did just that?

Comment

Problems with your emoticons, Flay?

They worked in my quote!! WTF is going on!
                      It's the bromide I've been taking
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Thanks for your positive comment Flay - actually it was fun, although I need to be more patiant
                        Top question, I agree. You are without doubt waggish and twisted enough to prosper here

Comment

I thought my post #20939 did just that?
                          Indubitably it did, and extraordinarily well, if I may say so. But cloughie's posting was at just about at the same time, so he wouldn't have seen it.

Now I've got to pack, off to Fort William for the weekend to see the in-laws. I was supposed to have done it all this evening while Mrs Flay is out. She is expected back in ½ hour must go.... I live my life in fear....
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Top question, I agree. You are without doubt waggish and twisted enough to prosper here
                            Cheers Cali - are you going to kick F off?

Comment

Indubitably it did, and extraordinarily well, if I may say so. But cloughie's posting was at just about at the same time, so he wouldn't have seen it.

Now I've got to pack, off to Fort William for the weekend. I was supposed to have done it all this evening while Mrs Flay is out. She is expected back in ½ hour must go.... I live my life in fear....
                              Fort William?!?! You've only just been sprung, Trelawny-style, from confinement in the Oban distillery!!

Comment

Fort William?!?! You've only just been sprung, Trelawny-style, from confinement in the Oban distillery!!
                                (Is he yet sprung though?)
                                Yes, commuting from S Yorks is somewhat exhausting. But put Grimes, Wagner, Bruckner, or some Shakespeare in the ipod, and the miles flash by...

We did pop in for a cuppa on the way back from Oban!
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X