This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Oh, I was just going to post Guillaume Lekau, studied with Franck, died in Angers, wrote Andromede!!But I was watching the end of rugby interviews!
    And the cycling?

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Oh! I thought he was Welsh!

(With apologies)
      cheeky boy!

Comment

I see that Lekeu came from Verviers. Which was also where Henri Vieuxtemps came from. If you visit the wiki page for Verviers, famous people connected with, you will also learn : -

"Michael Horner, dominator, established adult film artist, came to Verviers in 2010".

Well I never...

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
          A search in Google seems to throw up a (not very famous ??? ) Belgian who seems to tick all the boxes. I will leave it for someone else to complete as I shall be away from keyboard for the next few hours not celebrating the Jubilee.
          A wiki lekeu from scb methinks!

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
            I see that Lekeu came from Verviers. Which was also where Henri Vieuxtemps came from. If you visit the wiki page for Verviers, famous people connected with, you will also learn : -

"Michael Horner, dominator, established adult film artist, came to Verviers in 2010".

Well I never...
            Aaaah M Horner, how bona to vada your dolly old eek!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Bravissimo Calibano!

Care to do the Anna for us?
              Anna's done the Anna (kinky!)....

So yes - Lekeu

1. Was a pupil of César Franck and we learn from Professor Wiki that "He used cyclic principles; that is to say, themes in his works will often recur from movement to movement, as they do in a good many of Franck's ... compositions."

2. Wrote Andromède, poème lyrique et symphonique for soloists, choir and orchestra (1891)

3. Died in Angers, so nothing to look forward to there for poor Guillaume

The Look forward in Angers clue was one of the most refined ever on AA imho
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

And the cycling?
                Forgot about the velocipede!! No idea, a Belgium firm of bicycle makers perhaps? It seems Lekeu died of typhoid after eating contaminated sherbert! Anyway, I didn't solve it, you should be asking Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post

Well I never...
                  What a strange contribution, Monsieur Vinmousseux !!

Comment

Forgot about the velocipede!! No idea, a Belgium firm of bicycle makers perhaps? It seems Lekeu died of typhoid after eating contaminated sherbert! Anyway, I didn't solve it, you should be asking Cali.
                    We seem doomed to cross-post, Miss Anna

Comment

I learned about Lekeu via his violin sonata which is one of the wonderful performances which I'm discovering in this boxed set of delights ...

Noter the super-low price til 27 June 2012 - nice to have a good reason to buy from Presto

Comment

Eggs queues me, Miss Thing!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          We seem doomed to cross-post, Miss Anna
                          Two hearts and minds but with a single thought!

Comment

Two hearts and minds but with a single thought!
                            Just the one, bless their hearts

Comment

Just the one, bless their hearts
                              Ammy, the Match was so thrilling and entertaining and so odd to see Shane Williams playing for the Baa-Baas and him determined to score and being brought down by his erstwhile team mates! But he was thwarted. And Wales won. Brill first try from young Harry Robinson and James Hook had an absolute blinder of a match! Edit: Oh, and thrilling last try from that nice young player, forget his first name in the excitement, surname Blew

Comment

Ammy, the Match was so thrilling and entertaining and so odd to see Shane Williams playing for the Baa-Baas and him determined to score and being brought down by his erstwhile team mates! But he was thwarted. And Wales won. Brill first try from young Harry Robinson and James Hook had an absolute blinder of a match!
                                YAY!! Gonna watch the highlights if I can get this Smithfield programme finished

Comment

Working...
                                X