X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Only thing I've been able to come up, but not confident about, is:
    Scarlatti was in the service of Infanta Maria Barbara, Ravel - Pavane for a Dead Infanta and Lutyens - The Birthday of the Infanta.
    As noone else has got anything at all I think your choice is sound, no doubt scb will pronounce dreckly.

Comment

Only thing I've been able to come up, but not confident about, is:
      Scarlatti was in the service of Infanta Maria Barbara, Ravel - Pavane for a Dead Infanta and Lutyens - The Birthday of the Infanta.

Three out of three. Over to you for a jubilee J.

Comment

That's really surprised me, I thought the answer was far too simple and straightforward for a subcontra puzzle!!

I'll be out from 9.30 for just over an hour, so here is something to ponder, although it's really easy:

This J is common to:
        Schubert, Weber, Respighi and Bernstein

Comment

That's really surprised me, I thought the answer was far too simple and straightforward for a subcontra puzzle!!

I'll be out from 9.30 for just over an hour, so here is something to ponder, although it's really easy:

This J is common to:
          Schubert, Weber, Respighi and Bernstein
          Jubilee?

Weber Jubel Ov
          Bernstein Jubilee Games
          Respighi Feste Romane Giubileo (Jubilee)
          Jubilee SQ play Schubert

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            Jubilee?
            OH, RATS!!! It is indeed, I knew it was simple but I had hoped it might cause at least 10 minutes of thinking!! Can you or anyone else list the four compositions please?
            Edit: I see you have done so in your amended post.
            The Schubert I have on the card is Cantata for Salieri's Jubilee.
            So, over to you for a Kwik K it seems.
            I should have stuck with my original J and not been swayed by subcontra saying Jubilee

Comment

OH, RATS!!! It is indeed, I knew it was simple but I had hoped it might cause at least 10 minutes of thinking!! Can you or anyone else list the four compositions please?
              I think it was chickens coming home to roost - you fed me the last J, a week or two ago by asking me to do a Jolly J - so I thought a Jubilee J was worth a punt.

Unfortunately I'm off out shortly so can I Kick the K over on someone else's 'ead please?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                I think it was chickens coming home to roost - you fed me the last J, a week or two ago by asking me to do a Jolly J - so I thought a Jubilee J was worth a punt.

Unfortunately I'm off out shortly so can I Kick the K over on someone else's 'ead please?
                Oh, that's not fair - you can't be the only one playing and then do the mercia side-step!! Well, I have to go now as I said, for an hour, if no-one wants to volunteer a K I'll just make people suffer and post another J as punishment !!

Comment

Oh, that's not fair - you can't be the only one playing and then do the mercia side-step!! Well, I have to go now as I said, for an hour, if no-one wants to volunteer a K I'll just make people suffer and post another J as punishment !!
                  Sorry to incur your wrath Anna, but I have things to do! By the way I didn't know mercia had patented the side-step, cali and others have done it and Anna has been known to also!

Comment

May I offer a question involving the letter K?

Comment

Here goes...
                      A suite for wind orchestra and a song dedicated to a tranny might lead you to a long-running general knowledge quiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                        May I offer a question involving the letter K?
                        Go for it Northender

I'll do some balloon-modelling as a distraction, then once you've got your puzzle up they'll have not a qualm

Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                          Here goes...
                          A suite for wind orchestra and a song dedicated to a tranny might lead you to a long-running general knowledge quiz.
                          Nicely done, Northender - so that's 3 elements, beginning with K?

Comment

Brilliant stuff this morning! I'm kicking myself about the I... how did I not think of Infante!? Nice one Anna And scb made short work of J... And now, spiffing to have a Northender puzzle I'm off for a little bit but hope to have a crack on my return in a little while!!

PS What's the significance of your avatar pic, Northender? I've been peering at it!
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

And welcome from me as well Northender. Please don't fret if answers are slow in coming along, Saturday morning plus a Jubilee weekend means folks are out and about. I've just had a look at your teaser, hmm, intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                                Nicely done, Northender - so that's 3 elements, beginning with K?
                                Correct! (Thank you for your various messages of welcome, by the way. The avatar was taken at a sculpture exhibition in Leicester).

Comment

Working...
                                X