This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angle View Post
    What M connects remote conversation, spiritualism and diplomacy?
    Lightbulb's just blinked into life, sorry...

Menotti operas: The Telephone, The Medium and The Consul

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Cheers Caliban - when I was about 13, my father asked me what women I found beautiful and I think I severely rattled him by counting off Margaret Rutherford, Athene Syler and Edith Evans in quick succession
      Actually, Ams, old chap, if you want a gender bender atavar I would suggest Dame Ethel Smyth, she was a bit of a girl!

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post

Oh bravo the setter and the solver!

Perfick harmony!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          Ams, old chap, if you want a gender bender atavar
          Why would he want one of those? Or the avatar, for that matter...

Comment

Well done rubbernecker (again!). It's some consolation that I probably wouldn't have got it however long I'd had to work at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
              Actually, Ams, old chap, if you want a gender bender atavar I would suggest Dame Ethel Smyth, she was a bit of a girl!
              But does she have the wobbly jowls, the jutting jawline and the way with a cape, Anna?

And the twinkling eyes?

What a gal!

Comment

Naughty rubbers, making mock of the trypos

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                  Well done rubbernecker (again!). It's some consolation that I probably wouldn't have got it however long I'd had to work at it.
                  Thanks, Ofca, but we can't be sure it's correct until the man flutters his cape...

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                    Cheers Caliban - when I was about 13, my father asked me what women I found beautiful and I think I severely rattled him by counting off Margaret Rutherford, Athene Syler and Edith Evans in quick succession

My bro aged 11 meanwhile was listing Ursula Andress, Alexandra Bastedo and Diana Rigg, much to Dad's relief

Anyone know how I could alter the pic so Mags is looking to the right rather than to the left?

Oh Lord! Alexandra Bastedo That takes me back! "The Protectors" ... the three of them, standing in front of the Lac Geneva fountain during the opening titles!! I saw one recently - La Bastedo's acting style can best be described as 'wooden'...

I have Apple computers at home, and to swap a pic round you control+click on the picture and select 'edit in Preview' and then you have a "tools' option which allows you to "flip horizontal" But on the PC at work, I seem to recall it's easier - there is a "flip horizontal" option whenever you edit a picture: you have to look around in the various options.

But the key words either way are "flip horizontal"

Look forward to seeing Margaret looking t'other way
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

''

Oh, I dunno. Why do I want a hamster? Refer to my Herbert puzzle, Oh, One of Life's Sweet Mysteries
                      Last edited by Guest; 06-05-11, 23:24. Reason: typo

Comment

Such modesty!
                        I've decided it's time to take my leave for good.
                        I'm not quick enough to get the answers, and more often than not I don't even get the jokes.
                        Still, it was fun for quite a while.
                        Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Oh Lord! Alexandra Bastedo That takes me back! "The Protectors" ... the three of them, standing in front of the Lac Geneva fountain during the opening titles!! I saw one recently - La Bastedo's acting style can best be described as 'wooden'...
                          I think you mean The Champions, o oafish one. And, as it happens, I have recently met Ms. Bastedo, sharing as we do, a mutual friend. I however refrained from disburthening myself to her of my childhood onanistic fantasies.

Comment

Such modesty!
                            I'm not quick enough to get the answers, and more often than not I don't even get the jokes.
                            Best wishes.
                            Oh No, please do not go Ofca, please stay witrh us, we need to leann about Colin Fishwick

Comment

One of my messages is missing.

Here it is again:

Nicely done, rubbernecker. Yours is the N.

Message to Amateur51: please check your PM inbox. You will have the answer to your problem.

I never met Margaret Rutherford but I did once travel on a train from Edinburgh to Glasgow sharing a compartment with Athene Seyler. I once shocked Coral Browne.

Comment

Such modesty!
                                Best wishes.
                                Quick, Captain, Mr. Ofca's leaving the tent to go out into the snow. Stop him!

Comment

Working...
                                X