X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She wrote The Underside of Green in 1994. but I don't think this is the U being chased.

I woner if James Joyce had anything to do with it?
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      She wrote The Underside of Green in 1994.
      She did indeed (for Violin, Clarinet & Piano).

but I don't think this is the U being chased.
      Well ... not all of it, perhaps.

I woner if James Joyce had anything to do with it?
      Not in this instance; Hardy would be more helpful.
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        Not in this instance; Hardy would be more helpful.
        Shame

The Underside of Green drew a continuity of response from the potentially divisive combination of clarinet, violin and piano; the coherence wrought from this conflict of voices a parallel, perhaps, to Molly Bloom's closing dialogue in Ulysses, which inspired the piece.
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Pipped at the posy by Flay with Rebecca Saunders - I was going for just under, with the Sebastion to Ariel maybe Under the sea from the Disney film `The little Mermaid and just the address of the Staatskapelle Berlin: Under the Linden ?

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
            Shame
            The Underside of Green drew a continuity of response from the potentially divisive combination of clarinet, violin and piano; the coherence wrought from this conflict of voices a parallel, perhaps, to Molly Bloom's closing dialogue in Ulysses, which inspired the piece.
            Ah! I didn't know The Underside of Green was another of RS's Molly Bloom pieces. So, to answer your previous question correctly : "Yes; James Joyce does have something to do with it"!

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
              Pipped at the posy by Flay with Rebecca Saunders - I was going for just under, with the Sebastion to Ariel maybe Under the sea from the Disney film `The little Mermaid and just the address of the Staatskapelle Berlin: Under the Linden ?
              Woahw!!

A hat trick from the Jogger with coleslaw supplied!

I must say that seeing the answer to the puzzle I'd just put together actually being mentioned in Flay's "invitation" (#31179) was a bit of a shock, but I thought if I brazened the winds so close, no one would notice!

No such deceiving of the hedgehog, whose Victory celebrations we anticipate with eager trepidation!

Comment

Bravo hodge; nice puzzle ferney

Comment

May I be permitted to do a small Caliban leap? (my stature doesn't permit the quantum type ).

Because I have an X.

Comment

So taking the silence as agreement for a première on this message board:

What X links the Birmingham metal industry with an Italian “one note wonder” ?

Comment

I must say that seeing the answer to the puzzle I'd just put together actually being mentioned in Flay's "invitation" (#31179) was a bit of a shock, but I thought if I brazened the winds so close, no one would notice!
                      It reminds me of Valentine's day last year when I was fairly green on my underside in these AA parts. I invited Anna to take the V which was the due letter, but implored her not to have Valentine as the answer. Of course she cursed because that was just the one she had up her sleeve!

I still wake up sweating in fear when I recall her venemous ire

So it is as well that we skip to a nice X from Hodgy
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                        What X links the Birmingham metal industry with an Italian “one note wonder” ?
                        There's xnoybis-ness like shoybis-ness?

Comment

Birmingham Heavy Metal consort:
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Giacinto Scelsi (Count thingummy of wotnot):
                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

There's xnoybis-ness like shoybis-ness?
                            Right on! Just to show I can do a simple quiz question.

Would you like to choose your letter?

Comment

Scelsi's Music requires very careful and considerate listening, something I've intended devoting time to in retirement. I'd be a Scelsi Penshioner.

Didn't I do a W yesterday??? I'll think of something over lunch ...

Comment

Didn't I do a W yesterday???
                                Yes you did, you could do a V or a Y though!

Comment

Working...
                                X