• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Neither.
    that'll larn me

Comment

So Chicago is some old group from the 70s and is the House of Incest to do with Anaïs Nin? (Quite how those two could hook up I have no idea - I was exploring Happy Feet for penguins dancing!)

Comment

Now we're cooking with gas!

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        So Chicago is some old group from the 70s

and is the House of Incest to do with Anaïs Nin?
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          While we cogitate, mention by Hedgehog of stature reminded me of a photo I saw last weekend....

http://www.facebook.com/AmazingThing...rld?ref=stream )
          You are sweet Caliban

Meanwhile: cogitating on the penguins like Anna, I had discounted Happy Feet but not quite the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. Or is it more to do with a tuxedo (penguin suit)?

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
            Meanwhile: cogitating on the penguins like Anna, I had discounted Happy Feet
            Very wise in this instance.

but not quite the Penguin Cafe Orchestra. Or is it more to do with a tuxedo (penguin suit)?
            Neither.

Comment

Well I think the answer might be the old classic Vaughan?

As in Sinfonia Antarctica: Scherzo (dancing penguins)
              There go the ships, and there is that Leviathan whom thou hast made to take his pastime therein.
              Psalm 104

The bustle of the start of a voyage opens this movement – horn-call, swirling harps and strings and a trumpet tune harking back to the scherzo of A Sea Symphony. At sea the ships encounter whales (the psalmist’s Leviathan) and, on landfall, penguins (scherzando on trumpets and trombones, forming the Trio section). There is no regular return of the Scherzo and the movement ends with a soft chord for muted brass and celesta.

But really I think Anna should take over as she seems to have sussed the rest. I could only guess that Sarah Vaughan might be involved somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                Neither.

Very straight bat from the man at the crease this afternoon

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Please can someone get the poor old soul a double espresso and something absorbent to sit on? - I think we are mid-crisis here
                I've asked Beach to bring me a pint of the stuff and a whisky-and-soda chaser but where the deuce he's got to I have no idea...
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Well I think the answer might be the old classic Vaughan?
                  No.

Comment

I could only guess that Sarah Vaughan might be involved somewhere.
                    She isn't.

Comment

But really I think Anna should take over as she seems to have sussed the rest. I could only guess that Sarah Vaughan might be involved somewhere.

Bravo Hedgehog!! EDIT: Bad luck, Hedgehog!!

And Bravo Anna!!

Could we be heading for an Anna W ?!
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

mmmm this is getting serious

Comment

are any of the actors who have played the Penguin in Batman films relevant ?

e.g. DeVito, Burgess Meredith .......

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                            are any of the actors who have played the Penguin in Batman films relevant ?

e.g. DeVito, Burgess Meredith .......
                            YES!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Bravo Hedgehog!! EDIT: Bad luck, Hedgehog!!
                              And Bravo Anna!!
                              Could we be heading for an Anna W ?!
                              I doubt it Duckie, today is the first time I've felt well enough to raise myself from my boudoir for any length of time where I've been having a fit of the vapours, only fortified by sal volatile, since last Saturday (aka, I've got the flu bigtime and been hors de combat!)
                              However, I see I've given a clue with Chicago and Anaïs Nin, I am suspecting the Penguin element may be connected to Robin's friend (seems like a nice boy) but I don't want to go further as I know I'll be offline again shortly and curled up on the sofa and flaked out again.
                              But, if my inklings are correct, the Romans had a hand in this!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                I doubt it Duckie, today is the first time I've felt well enough to raise myself from my boudoir for any length of time where I've been having a fit of the vapours, only fortified by sal volatile, since last Saturday (aka, I've got the flu bigtime and been hors de combat!)
                                Ooh; me, too! My ears have been crackling for a week, and I've only just started listening to Music again.

However, I see I've given a clue with Chicago and Anaïs Nin, I am suspecting the Penguin element may be connected to Robin's friend (seems like a nice boy) but I don't want to go further as I know I'll be offline again shortly and curled up on the sofa and flaked out again.
                                But, if my inklings are correct, the Romans had a hand in this!
                                Up to the last sentence, this all looked very promising. I don't know of any Roman associations with our man.

Comment

Working...
                                X