X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, no. No Englishmen (or Englishwomen) are involved.

Comment

The three works concerned cover a 42-year period in the 20th century; the source material dates from the early 19th century.

Comment

I think I've been barking up the wrong tree
        is the K not Keats ?

Comment

The K is not Keats (unless Keats was a closet German....)

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
            The K is not Keats (unless Keats was a closet German....)
            ah, your K was von of them

Comment

how about Henze's The Prince of Homburg for the Landgrave's youngest ?

looks like vint. was there long before me - I shall let him take over

Comment

Is this something to do with the Hesse-Kassel lot then?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    Is this something to do with the Hesse-Kassel lot then?
                    Not particularly.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post

looks like vint. was there long before me - I shall let him take over
                      I cannot play at the mo and me Kassel thingy was wrong. But Henze's L'Upupa und der Triumph der Sohnesliebe is, absolutely, after Lady McB of Mtsensk, the most sensational opera I have ever seen (and I don't like Opera)

Comment

I cannot play at the mo
                        I hope everything is OK with you Anna. Please come back to play soon.
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Henze's L'Upupa und der Triumph der Sohnesliebe ... (and I don't like Opera)
                          Nor do I ... and I've never even heard of or read about that piece! Where on earth did you see it?!
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                            Nor do I ... and I've never even heard of or read about that piece! Where on earth did you see it?!
                            Oh, Good Lord, You Provincials! Do you never get out of the chi-chi wine bars?

Comment

No progress since the Prince of Homburg appeared just before 3.00 p.m. He should lead you without too much trouble to 'K', I would have thought.

Comment

it's von Kleist. Penthesilea, the Broken Jug, and merckx's Homburg chappie....

Henze did the Homburg; Fritz Geißler did Der verbrochne Krug, and Othmar Schoeck Penthesilea.
                                Last edited by vinteuil; 22-03-12, 18:14. Reason: insertin' an ess-tset

Comment

Working...
                                X