This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flay View Post
    I doubt if it has anything to do with sport. I suspect that Ed may be referring to a musical prize, possibly French (although the Prix Rossini does not seem to fit)
    Yes, do home in on musical prizes - possibly French!

Comment

I'm sure that is well off target, but her company performed The Ugly Duckling. I am scrambling for an egg link.
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

sorry to repeat the question but is it the first name or surname that starts with N ?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
          sorry to repeat the question but is it the first name or surname that starts with N ?
          My apologies - I've been distracted by negotiations over fallen trees and felling others.

Surname starts with N, forename does not do so, mercia.

Comment

I'm sure that is well off target, but her company performed The Ugly Duckling. I am scrambling for an egg link.
            The egg link is literal; it's about an egg.

Comment

...but, not an English egg.

Comment

a-ha !!!!! Mirrors for William Blake, 1979

Comment

I was delving into Blake's A/The Divine Image. Interesting, but you have saved me considerable distraction, mercs.
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Yup, well done Mercs. Nigg: Histoire d'œuf
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

French Wiki tells us more about him:

<<Il a reçu cinq Grands Prix du disque pour ses différentes compositions. De plus, il reçoit en 1958 le Prix Italia (Prix de la RAI), en 1974 le Grand Prix musical de la ville de Paris, en 1978 le Grand Prix de la SACEM pour l'ensemble de son œuvre, à deux reprises, en 1976 et 1983, le Prix Florence Gould (Académie des beaux-arts) et en 1987 le Prix René Dumesnil (Académie des beaux-arts).>>
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Also Nigg
                        reçoit le Prix Italia, à Venise, en 1958, pour l'œuvre radiophonique « L'étrange aventure de Gulliver à Lilliput », sur un texte de Philippe Soupault, d'après Jonathan Swift.
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Spanish Wiki:

1958 L'étrange aventure de Gulliver à Lilliput (con texto de Soupault), obra radiofónica para recitador, coro de niños y ensemble instrumental (Prix Italia 1958 (Venecia). Hay una suite de concierto, 1960)
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I was delving into Blake's A/The Divine Image. Interesting, but you have saved me considerable distraction, mercs.
                            Yup, well done Mercs. Nigg: Histoire d'œuf
                            Yes, you're two good eggs, Mercs & Flay, it was Serge Nigg who had quite a "journey" from Leibowitz & Boulez through a belief that the Soviet way was paved with gold, to suddenly seeing a different light, then destroying his secular oratorio, and moving to a middle way - but still searching for enlightenment (hence Blake and Swift). I got to know his music through Christian Ferras's account of the agreeable violin concerto which received a Grand Prix du Disque. And finally, on to L'Histoire d'oeuf with words by Blaise Cendrars.

You both deserve prize batons, but with mercs having handed me an inspirational "mirror", is it time for us to be FLAYed , I wOnder?

Comment

Excellent puzzle I was, as Rumpole would say, nowhere.......And of course well done mercs and Flay...

Comment

Originally posted by edashtav View Post
                                Yes, you're two good eggs, Mercs & Flay, it was Serge Nigg who had quite a "journey"

...is it time for us to be FLAYed , I wOnder?
                                It was mercs who cracked it. Let's wait for him.
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X