• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop faffing around....
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      Stop faffing around....
      Moi? I'd never even heard of Ozzy Osbourne until tonight ....... and I am going to watch The Bridge, once cloughie has posted a W

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Wotan ripped off the builders didn't he (or vice versa)?
        Indeed, who were they and what did they build?

and there is a film Valhalla, about a one eyed little boy
        A film, yes. There was a boy (called Boy) but he was binocular as far as I am aware. I haven't seen the film fortunately. You are nearly there.

Stop faffing around....
        This comment was aimed at cloughie but who were the builders???
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Frustrated randy dwarf steals Rheingold and makes himself magic ring of power, but has it stolen by Wotan who has ripped off builders of Valhalla. Dwarf curses ring. Builders grab ring and commit fratricide. Wotan's illegitimate children get into incest, he is killed, cousin takes her away to give birth, but Wotan puts cousin to sleep in heated arena. Baby grows up killing dragons etc, finds and falls for auntie, then gets mixed up with toffs and betrays her. She plots his death, but remorsefully suicides, returning ring to the legitimate owners, and causing the end of the world.
          Edit: Sorry, that is just the sub-plot!

Comment

Indeed, who were they and what did they build?

A film, yes. There was a boy (called Boy) but he was binocular as far as I am aware. I haven't seen the film fortunately. You are nearly there.

Fasolt and Fafner

Comment

Frustrated randy dwarf steals Rheingold and makes himself magic ring of power, but has it stolen by Wotan who has ripped off builders of Valhalla. Dwarf curses ring. Builders grab ring and commit fratricide. Wotan's illegitimate children get into incest, he is killed, cousin takes her away to give birth, but Wotan puts cousin to sleep in heated arena. Baby grows up killing dragons etc, finds and falls for auntie, then gets mixed up with toffs and betrays her. She plots his death, but remorsefully suicides, returning ring to the legitimate owners, and causing the end of the world.
              Edit: Sorry, that is just the sub-plot!
              Excellent, Anna, just about right!

I have my ticket for Opera North's Die Walküre in June. All 5½ hours of it - will I cope?

Yes cloughie, the two giants. Well, do We have the name of the film yet?
              Last edited by Flay; 06-05-12, 18:47. Reason: Oops, a bit premature with the Y
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Excellent, Anna, just about right!
                Or should I say Mike?
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I like this one:

Ageing magnate plunders gold from the orphan's fund to prop up his business empire, while his own kids turn to incest, and his favourite daughter gives up her pony to sleep rough and fall for a happy slapper. It all ends rather enjoyably in a bonfire of his vanities as the gold price plunges
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Or simply
                    Much ado about Nothung
                    and
                    From splashes to ashes
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

My favourite:

Rheinmaidens tease Alberich who steals Rhinegold, enslaves Neiblungs. Wotan steals gold and ring, cheats Giants who built Valhalla (fancy pad, unseen). Twin Seigmund gets sister pregnant, gets killed. Wotan's daughter Brünnhilde fights with Dad, gets ring, sleeps in ring of fire. Siegfried, son of twins, kills childminder Mime, gets spear and Tarnhelm, follows bird up Rhine, wakes Brünnhilde. Siegfried gets ring, dumps Brünnhilde, gets conned by Alberich's son's half brother, aka Mime's step nephew once removed. Who then kills Siegfried. Brünnhilde, having bad news from home, jumps into fire throwing ring to Rheinmaidens.
                      So? Why?????
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Or should I say Mike?
                        You can call me Lionel if you wish!
                        I was only buggering about! Forgive!! Passing the time, whilst waiting for dinner. A fllm, by Ulmer maybe?

Comment

You can call me Lionel if you wish!
                          I was only buggering about! Passing the time, whilst waiting for dinner.
                          A wonderful way to pass the time! I had strayed on to that BBC web page from "The Ring in a Day" earlier today while researching my V so was alerted. I never listened to it at the time. I did listen to Rheingold over the last couple of days while walking the dogs, as a penance.
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I have my ticket for Opera North's Die Walküre in June. All 5½ hours of it - will I cope?
                            If it's as good as the Rheingold last year, the minutes will whizz past and you'll be sorry when it finishes, Flay!
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Yes, I agree - I was there too
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Dinner is on the way to being ruined, I just knew you guys were trouble the moment I met you!

Comment

Working...
                                X