X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jonathan Harvey (Body Mandala) was educated at St John's College .... ????
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
      Jonathan Harvey (Body Mandala) was educated at St John's College .... ????
      Doesn't match the other two: Saint-Georges, Saint-Saƫns, and Saint-?????

Comment

Oh! Should I be feeling slightly tyred at this point?

Comment

Oh! Should I be feeling slightly tyred at this point?

Comment

Micheline Coulombe Saint-Marcoux (1938 - 85) Mandala 1 & 2 (1980).

Comment

Micheline Coulombe Saint-Marcoux (1938 - 85) Mandala 1 & 2 (1980).
              So we have:

Charles-Camille Saint-Saƫns, composer of The Carnival of the Animals
              Joseph Bologne, Chevalier de Saint-Georges , champion fencer, virtuoso violinist, conductor, and composer
              Micheline Coulombe Saint-Marcoux, composer of, amongst other works, Mandala I and Mandala II

Mercia got the first two (possibly easier ones), fhg found the last. I leave you to duel it out as to who serves T.

Comment

that was a beatific question. Yes I got the easier ones, so it stands to reason fhg sets the next question. I hope you follow that devastating logic.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                  that was a beatific question. Yes I got the easier ones, so it stands to reason fhg sets the next question. I hope you follow that devastating logic.
                  Very well done you 2 good question sub......Ferney for T

Comment

It's a particularly hectic weekend, and I had never heard of either Saint-Georges or Saint-Marcoux (whom I "reached" by the unscrupulous method of "googling" "Saint- . composer, mandala"!) - I would prefer to pass the "T" back to mercs, or to have an AA break until Monday afternoon before supplying scones

Comment

T to connect

- "the only pianist to have performed all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, concertos and Liszt transcriptions of the nine symphonies in public concerts"

- the composer of Arthur's Return

- K219

Comment

T to connect

- "the only pianist to have performed all of Beethoven's piano sonatas, concertos and Liszt transcriptions of the nine symphonies in public concerts"

- K219
                        I like mercs questions you always learn something......I'll hopefully get to it soon......

Comment

you won't learn anything remotely useful from that question

Comment

T to connect

- K219
                            Does this not involve three slices of Turkey?
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Naxos stalwart Idil Biret is the native of Turkey who performed the Beethovenian feat mentioned.

A fellow by the name of John Davison, an American born in Turkey, composed Arthur's Return in 1983, for bagpipes and string orchestra

And K219 is Mozart's 5th violin concerto with that odd helping of Turkey sandwiched in the last movement...
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                                Naxos stalwart Idil Biret is the native of Turkey who performed the Beethovenian feat mentioned.

A fellow by the name of John Davison, an American born in Turkey, composed Arthur's Return in 1983, for bagpipes and string orchestra

And K219 is Mozart's 5th violin concerto with that odd helping of Turkey sandwiched in the last movement...

answer provided with all the trimmings. No I've never heard of John Davison either.

Comment

Working...
                                X