• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mais oui, mon ami. :ales: all round.

Good work R.

Now for W.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      A whole range of possible comments occurs to me in response to the above, Anna - but none of them fit for publication. Where are Julian and Sandy when you need them!?

All I can say is that I hope you and others will enjoy!!!

EDIT: mention of the dark Belgian fancy has made me all restless....
      Caliban, after the lemon and the dark Belgian I aim to complete the hat trick with a Strawberry one tomorrow!

The meal, well, it's my penchant for lame ducks, ducky. I arrived back from my trip, bumped into an old friend going through hard times, break up of relationship etc., and of course, immediately think they need a good meal, a bottle of wine and a shoulder to cry on. Honestly, I'm such a soft touch for a sob story but I just enjoy cooking so much and giving people pleasure. Hopeless case I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Caliban, after the lemon and the dark Belgian I aim to complete the hat trick with a Strawberry one tomorrow!

The meal, well, it's my penchant for lame ducks, ducky. I arrived back from my trip, bumped into an old friend going through hard times, break up of relationship etc., and of course, immediately think they need a good meal, a bottle of wine and a shoulder to cry on. Honestly, I'm such a soft touch for a sob story but I just enjoy cooking so much and giving people pleasure. Hopeless case I am.
        It all does you very great credit
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
          Now for W.
          W again? Didn't I just set Siegfried Wagner, yesterday, or was it last week? This thread is doing my head in. The spiral of the alphabet swirls faster and faster. I feel like I'm living in Groundhog Day. Good morning, Anna, what are you rustling up today? Hello, Caliban, picked up any dark Belgians recently? Anyone fancy a lemon? Oo-er, isn't it time for Corrie? And all the time the pressure to come up with new, and entertaining conundrums, plundering the ever-dwindling resource, to balance work and life in the face of hopeless addiction. Help me, Rhondda, I can't take it any more

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
            W again? Didn't I just set Siegfried Wagner, yesterday, or was it last week? This thread is doing my head in. The spiral of the alphabet swirls faster and faster. I feel like I'm living in Groundhog Day. Good morning, Anna, what are you rustling up today? Hello, Caliban, picked up any dark Belgians recently? Anyone fancy a lemon? Oo-er, isn't it time for Corrie? And all the time the pressure to come up with new, and entertaining conundrums, plundering the ever-dwindling resource, to balance work and life in the face of hopeless addiction. Help me, Rhondda, I can't take it any more
            Calm down rubbers, it's only a game!! But the A to Zees do seem to be exceedingly fast lately. And, yes, how can we come up with fresh conundrums? But we will!

As you ask, cooking some Gloucester Old Spot exceptionally lean belly, boned and rolled, stuffed with black pud from Bury, apples and prunes. Dunno, I just make it up as I go along, seems to work. French Patisserie is my speciality (you would die for my Gateau St. Honore with all that fancy spun sugar on the choux balls!) Got a Merlot-Grenache to go with the pork, a bit rough, but ready, I suspect!

Comment

my Gateau St. Honore with all that fancy spun sugar on the choux balls!
              Argghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghgh!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post

- Sit down, man. Take control.

- Give me a Valium. I'm getting the fear!

- You have done something to your brain. You have made it high. If I lay ten mils of Diazepam on you, you will do
                something else to your brain. You will make it low. Why trust one drug and not the other? That's politics, innit? I'm gonna eat some sugar. I recommend you smoke some more grass.

Comment

The restaurant which laid on the Felixstowe Society's annual dinner on Monday offered a choice of sweets that included a Strawberry Gateu - would that make it a French shortcake?

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                    The restaurant which laid on the Felixstowe Society's annual dinner on Monday offered a choice of sweets that included a Strawberry Gateu - would that make it a French shortcake?

Comment

Sorry about that. I have calmed down, now. W soon.

Comment

Argghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghghgh!!!!!!!!!
                        And, you will appreciate my Pets de Nonnes? Light as a whisper, scarcely audible.

Comment

And, you will appreciate my Pets de Nonnes? Light as a whisper, scarcely audible.
                          never heard of them! Great name!!!

Any time!!! (we need a :slurp: smiley - tongue lolling from leering face)

Comment

I appear to have struck an artery here! I hope it may encourage "Uncle Monty" of this parish to join in our merrymaking...

Now...

....which of you is going to be a splendid fellow and go down to the Rolls for the rest of the wine?

Did I hear my name taken in vain? A Terrible Cult

This is obviously the finest thread available to humanity, and I shall rejoin it after I've taken the dogs out, sliding about in all that oomska.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Monty View Post

This is obviously the finest thread available to humanity, and I shall rejoin it after I've taken the dogs out, sliding about in all that oomska.
                              Yes! One feels a glorious stirring of the senses.... a rejection of poisonous inhibition... and a fecund motion of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Monty View Post

The thought that we might lure Uncle Monty in is a consummation devoutly to be wished.

In the meantime here is a W which will be easy pickings for someone, Taps, probably.

Which W connects a late-sixties cantata with electric organ, an electrified trio of 1971 and the electric light orchestra?

Comment

Working...
                                X