This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    But Caliban's suggestion of Welles, Welles and Wells is the opposite isn't it - by having one less letter? I confess I hadn't looked at the question until this morning and I'm stumped for any alternative answer!
    That is a very good point, Anna, which eluded me in the mental fog which always seems to descend when attempting one of Cloughie's puzzles... I should have thought of John Wilson. Still prefer my Welles solution though <sulk emoticon>

On the road visiting an ailing relative, I'm afraid, not able to pad up and stroll out to the crease at the mo.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

questions worked out in advance like everyone else does)
      W-w-w-what? Do they? I don't (apart from the odd occasion when I've thought: oh that would make a good T - or whatever - and then I usually forget... or don't get the letter to set....)

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        W-w-w-what? Do they? I don't (apart from the odd occasion when I've thought: oh that would make a good T - or whatever - and then I usually forget... or don't get the letter to set....)
        I just assumed, from the speed at which a new question appears sometimes that people have a little notebook with sundry puzzles listed alphabetically! And people often say, 'here's one I prepared earlier' ...........

Comment

I just assumed, from the speed at which a new question appears sometimes that people have a little notebook with sundry puzzles listed alphabetically! And people often say, 'here's one I prepared earlier' ...........

OH! maybe you're right! That would be weird though With all due respect to anyone who does it, of course!!

Comment

To quote Jonny Mac 'You cannot be serious'. Any pre-planning like that would seriously damage the spontaneity of the game.

Comment

I'll do a Y if you like mercia if you really don't want to set one
              Edit: No response from mercs, think that means he's working on one so we'll wait for him.
              Last edited by Guest; 07-05-12, 11:45. Reason: additional comment

Comment

think that means he's working on one
                he has been but it's rotten

Y

the daughter of a bell-maker, a Persian Sultana who could trill in thirds

all one person

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                  he has been but it's rotten

Y

the daughter of a bell-maker, a Persian Sultana who could trill in thirds

all one person
                  Who do yaw think it is?

Comment

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Snap, cloughie!!
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

surely cloughie doesn't want to bowl another googly so soon
                        flay?

yes indeed Ellen Beach Yaw(n)

Comment

surely cloughie doesn't want to bowl another googly so soon
                          flay?
                          Both posts have the same timestamp - I think we've had her before (btw has anyone here heard Rose of Persia?)

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                            Snap, cloughie!!
                            I'll let you have the Z or A as I will not be around much today to service replies, or maybe Anna wants a go!

Comment

I think we've had her before
                              yes I wondered that but she doesn't appear in the archives, unless she's amongst the Ellens

Comment

yes I wondered that but she doesn't appear in the archives, unless she's amongst the Ellens
                                Probably one of the Ellens but perhaps she may have been referenced if we had the word Rose or Persia or even Sullivan? I know she's very familiar

Comment

Working...
                                X