X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do wish this thread would update automatically. It's bit tiring to keep refreshing the page only to find either that someone else has got there first or has provided a helpful clue just a little too late.

Anyway thanks, Ofcachap.

I think that T needs to be very easy and I'd be amazed if it isn't answered in full almost immediately.

T is not technically a musical word or term but has musical connections in

an address to a bat but earlier to a cat

and a non-musical connections with

astrological and celebrity scintillation and
    dinner ladies

This is so easy, I expect to be handing over to T very quickly. I should have said U
    Last edited by Angle; 26-04-11, 13:21.

Comment

Expectations are regularly confounded on this board! All I can think of at the moment is TAB, as in TABby cat and TABard.

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
        Are you having a day off, Caliban? From work, I mean.
        I am Originally designed to allow for personal delivery of my new passport but since that was here at 9.45, subsequently to find a new side lamp, the old one having broken with an alarming explosion of the bulb when I tried to switch it on last night

So pottering basically.

And failing to find inroads into AA questions. Your "T" has a nice touch of whimsy about it. Not that it's made it any easier to solve!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post

T is not technically a musical word or term but has musical connections in

an address to a bat but earlier to a cat

and a non-musical connections with

astrological and celebrity scintillation and dinner ladies
          Twinkle?

Twinkle, Twinkle little Bat as sung by the Mad Hatter in Alice. Cat could be a reference to the Cheshire Cat.

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Twinkle was a character in Dinner Ladies.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            Twinkle?

Twinkle, Twinkle little Bat as sung by the Mad Hatter in Alice. Cat could be a reference to the Cheshire Cat.

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Twinkle was a character in Dinner Ladies.
            Aaaaah yes, Twinkle in Dinner Ladies - the excellent Maxine Peake who has gone on from strength to strength.

I like your line of thinking, Anna, by jove I like it a lot!
            Last edited by Guest; 26-04-11, 16:33. Reason: trypo

Comment

Well done, Anna. I knew it was easy. Yes, Caliban, quite a whimsy which wins Anna the U. I can go back to sleep again now.

I can't find a sleepy icon, nor a yawn. Sad

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Aaaaah yes, Twinkle in Dinner Ladies - the excellent Maxine Peake who has gone on from strength to strength.
                I like your line of thinking, Anna, by jove I like it a lot!
                Thank you very much, Ams, yes I like Maxine Peake as well.

I'm a bit stumped for a musical U so, as it's not against the rules this is a more literary one with a teensy musical link and, I think very, very, easy. Lots of clues, no need to get all of them.

Which U links:

A groundbreaking American novel, the subject of many silent films, stage plays and musicals
                A Russian novel set on an estate, again filmed several times and performed regularly in the theatre
                A much loved character in a wartime tv series
                Someone recognisable by their headgrear
                And a musical connection is Frank Zappa and The Who

Edit: PS Angle, it was a good T

Comment

Thank you very much, Ams, yes I like Maxine Peake as well.

I'm a bit stumped for a musical U so, as it's not against the rules this is a more literary one with a teensy musical link and, I think very, very, easy. Lots of clues, no need to get all of them.

Which U links:

A groundbreaking American novel, the subject of many silent films, stage plays and musicals
                  A Russian novel set on an estate, again filmed several times and performed regularly in the theatre
                  A much loved character in a wartime tv series
                  Someone recognisable by their headgrear
                  And a musical connection is Frank Zappa and The Who

Edit: PS Angle, it was a good T
                  Is this your actual Uncle? ... as in Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Man From Uncle, Uncle Vanya?

Comment

I didn't realize that Uncle Vanya was a novel as well as a play.

Comment

A quick google threw up (so to speak) Frank Zappa's Uncles Meat and Remus.

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                        I didn't realize that Uncle Vanya was a novel as well as a play.
                        Type in haste - repent at leisure!! Sorry about that Ofca, huge apologies.

Ams has got Vanya and Uncle Tom - any advance on that?

Edit, curse these pages for not refreshing! Yes, the Zappa is correct

Comment

What about The Man From Uncle? - very popular on TV during the Cold War??

Well done Ofca!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            What about The Man From Uncle? - very popular on TV during the Cold War??

Well done Ofca!
                            No, not The Man from Uncle, think WW2 (and how he is affectionately referred to by another member of the cast) but I think, you and Ofca are level pegging? How about the one in the instantly recognisable hat?
                            Last edited by Guest; 26-04-11, 17:24. Reason: more info

Comment

No? How about the one in the instantly recognisable hat?
                              uncle bulgaria??

Comment

No, not The Man from Uncle, think WW2 (and how he is affectionately referred to) but I think, you and Ofca are level pegging? How about the one in the instantly recognisable hat?
                                Hat??! You tryped 'headgrear'! I thought it was a reference to a ventriloquist!

I'm making mock; pay no attention!

Comment

Working...
                                X