Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
      I'm happy to set a wobbleyew.
      Wonderful, Wunderbar!!

Comment

Bendigedig!

Ardderchog!!

Champion!!!

Comment

Which W links (a) thespians Raymond and Ralph; (b) Thomas Hicks; and (c) Richard Burton. The question has a strong musical content, but you're not looking for composers.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            Well, Angle's out on the razz in Liverpool, Caliban is trolling around in his Interior Decorator Mode and his new lamp, I shall be unavailable to gentlemen callers, so, shall vinteuil or Ofca set the W or shall we all snuggle up with a nice cup of cocoa on the sofa? I think it was rubbers 100 mile bike ride yesterday, I do hope he hasn't got Lycra fatigue?
            How sweet of you to remember. The old lycra did take a bit of bashing, as did what can euphemistically be referred to as my 'contact points'

Turned out to be 107 miles all told, with one hill so eyewateringly steep, and so near the end, I had to suffer the ignominy of a dismount I'm planning more of the same in the Forest of Dean on Sunday.

Anyway, I'm now recovered and ready to devote myself to W

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
              How sweet of you to remember. :
              Well, I'm like that, warm hearted and inclusive to all. Oh, just read, you had the ignominy of a discount!! Oh, sorry a dismount near the end. Ooh, well I dunno, that's the Cotswold for you, all lumps and bumps I find. Never know where you might end up.

Comment

After 107 miles, I bet Anna and I could roll really thin pasta between your thighs now, rubbers!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  After 107 miles, I bet Anna and I could roll really thin pasta between your thighs now, rubbers!
                  Well, that all depends on how tightly they're clenched...

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    In the live version of The Wall, Is There Anybody Out There: The Wall Live 1980-1981"We'll Meet Again" (Vera Lynn) opens the concert before the show starts. It serves as a link between band member Roger Waters and his father, who was killed during World War II.

So speaks a Pink Floyd Anorak!!
                    Anna

Did you read the Roger Waters article in the Sunday Times the other week - which suggested it all went down hill in terms of quality of output, sales etc. after he left! Does a bona fide anorak agree?

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                      Well, that all depends on how tightly they're clenched...
                      I was hoping you might say that

Meanwhile ....

Is the answer W as in Wheelchair?

Raymond Burr was in a wheelchair for Ironside

Ralph Bellamy was in a wheelchair playing Roosevelt in ‘The Winds of War’

I'll plough on if I'm right
                      Last edited by Guest; 26-04-11, 20:52. Reason: tidying

Comment

Remind me to turn down all invitations to an "R3 Forum" Italian supper in Wales or Willesden Green for the foreseeable...

May your conchiglie and your bucatini return to normal soon, rubbers...
                        "...the isle is full of noises,
                        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          Remind me to turn down all invitations to an "R3 Forum" Italian supper in Wales or Willesden Green for the foreseeable...

May your conchiglie and your bucatini return to normal soon, rubbers...
                          Shame on you, Caliban - thigh-rolled pasta has a unique gamey flavour

Comment

"...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

...and the use of Double Zero flour is absolutely de rigeur, darling

Comment

Is the answer W as in Wheelchair?
                                It's not very musical though, is it...?

Comment

Working...
                                X