This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mercia
    ....... only the other day I was saying to my mate Valery at the Barbican ..............
    How is Ms Singleton, mercia?

"Next week we'll be splitting the atom with some stickyback plastic and a washing-up liquid bottle - don't forget to ask Mummy if you can use the scissors first!"

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      I dunno, what with you & salymap, this floor's a disgrace! - names dropped everywhere!
      As someone said quite recently, I just has to get it in, innit!!!

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        AH! welcome back Taps! Good holiday, we trust? Did you go far? And were the name mentions coincidental?? How mysterios!!
        Hi Caliban,

Well it wasn't The Seychelles - just down the South Down coast for a week in a cottage with valley, rivers, fields and all that. Great weather.

Name mentions entirely serendipitous!

Comment

"Next week we'll be splitting the atom with some stickyback plastic and a washing-up liquid bottle - don't forget to ask Mummy if you can use the scissors first!"

"... and John will be showing you how to cure all known fatal diseases with just a couple of ordinary wire coat hangers! Bye! (Get down, Shep!) "

Comment

"... and John will be showing you how to cure all known fatal diseases with just a couple of ordinary wire coat hangers! Bye! (Get down, Shep!) "

Put-down Shep, if I recall

Comment

oh fine, missing Petra of course, as we all are

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
                Hi Caliban,

Well it wasn't The Seychelles - just down the South Down coast for a week in a cottage with valley, rivers, fields and all that. Great weather.

Name mentions entirely serendipitous!
                Sounds perfect

Odd about the names...

Anyway, enjoy being home again, Taps... or should I call you: Charles Aznavourian????? (just a stab in the dark among names mentioned of late).

Comment

I dunno, what with you & salymap, this floor's a disgrace! - names dropped everywhere!
                  Vernon Handley rescued me once. Not a lot of people can say that.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                    oh fine, missing Petra of course, as we all are

Does anyone else remember Christopher "Vanished Without" Trace?

I know you're too young, Caliban

Comment

do tell
                      oooh yes!!

Is this a case of Tod und das Madchen??

Comment

oooh yes!!

Awesome Ammy!!!!! A huge six, straight into the Humour Pavilion

Yes Anna do tell, if only to rid me of the mental image of Handley with you slung over his shoulder....

Comment

Sounds perfect

Odd about the names...

Anyway, enjoy being home again, Taps... or should I call you: Charles Aznavourian????? (just a stab in the dark among names mentioned of late).
                          Sssh, Caliban. Keep it to yourself. :cool2:

Comment

oooh yes!!

Well, actually, it's quite funny. I was on the late train from Manchester to a station in the sticks in Wales. There was a deaf bloke in the carriage who seemed confused about where he was and where to get off. So, as you do, I took him under my wing.

Anyway, we trolled off the train at Aber - not a taxi in sight. Public phone box broken. I did not have a mobile but espied this elderly man sitting down with a phone so I asked him if he could phone a taxi for me. So, he did and he said his regular driver reported all the cabbies had been out on the pop the previous night so none were available.

Oh Great, I think. But, bless him, he phoned deaf bloke's son in Ebbw, so that was sorted and when the taxi arrived I asked if I could accompany. Maiden in Distress. So I did. So, off we set, stopping at the Spar while he bought a bottle and whilst elderly bloke was inside Cabbie kept talking about 'The Doctor' so I thinks to myself he is a Medic at the local hospital. Then the Cabbie talks about classical music and I realise, I am sharing a cab with Vernon Handley, who said he just finished recording the Bax cycle! So, over hill, over dale talking about composers we went and landed up at his house where he was greated by his two lovely dogs and then back, then over hill and dale to mine.

Cabbie said Vernon had been a treasure, recording classical music for him to play in the cab and educating him. He seemed such a lovely guy and, a real gentleman. He told me to look out for a composer called Matthews. Did he mean Christopher?

Comment

agreed !! absolutely brilliant !!
                              Aw shucks you guys

(goes into full Gary Cooper impersonation - not easy to achieve as Coop was 6'3" and allegedly 'built to scale' (Mae West) I'm 5'7 and I meet Ms West's requirements too - unfortunately

Comment

I humbly apologise for making an L of a mess of things I am in the Land of the Free where Internet is not and am therefore popping into Starbucks when Lady G wants a coffee and Wifi - I will if it's OK watch from afar!

Comment

Working...
                                X