• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
    Anna - do tell! - was you a Member???
    Ooh I Say! No! So back to the question

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
      I am stuck with the T puzzle: I have no idea which Matteo and can only think of Carcassi
      It's defeating me as well. I have Cecchini instead of your Carcassi, Angle, and have been pruriently (but fruitlessly) probing Sin Jin's relationship with St Theresa of Avila, but nothing there worth the protection of an injunction .

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
        Sin Jin .
        ... I think I said John of the Cross.

Not St John of the Cross...

Comment

Teresa is just about as far as I have got. Didn't even suspect the existence of Cecchini, whose initial was T and who has once again sunk below the horizon.

Comment

We are not dealing with Saint? How unusual.

Comment

Oh, right...

Comment

In that case,we must be dealing with Mr. Devlin, the landlord of this establishment:

Comment

or p'raps think Italian...

Comment

or p'raps think Italian...
                    Of course!

No one could put in a cross like him!

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
                      Deary me. Has no-one shown any interest since about ten this morning, which is when I was last on line?

I am stuck with the T puzzle: I have no idea which Matteo and can only think of Carcassi, no idea which Hollingworth either. Martin, Robert or ...

Where are rubbernecker, Caliban, mercia, am51 and mercia, I wonder, to say nothing of Anna. All living it up elsewhere, I suppose. Sybarites, all ?
                      If only you knew - waiting in for the postie this morning who should be delivering my new 'feeding station' for the birds in the garden at some point this week; and then I hi-tailed it to - joys of joys! - Waitrose in Finchley Road where I spent far too much - yay! - and had to lug it all back

Comment

Is there a St John of the Wry Smile?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                          If only you knew - waiting in for the postie this morning who should be delivering my new 'feeding station' for the birds in the garden at some point this week; and then I hi-tailed it to - joys of joys! - Waitrose in Finchley Road where I spent far too much - yay! - and had to lug it all back
                          Just be careful you don't hang yer fat balls where the squirrels will get 'em

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            - Waitrose ...
                            what was the line of the late great Alan Coren?

- "I've never really understood Sainsbury's. - It seems to me it's just there to keep the riff-raff out of Waitrose..."

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                              Just be careful you don't hang yer fat balls where the squirrels will get 'em
                              No squibs round here squire - I am but a stone's throw from the Jubilee & Metropolitan lines that hurtle to & fro at the bottom of my patio garden - so no trees for them to scamper up

As for my fat balls - well modesty prevents me from speculating further

Comment

what was the line of the late great Alan Coren?

- "I've never really understood Sainsbury's. - It seems to me it's just there to keep the riff-raff out of Waitrose..."
                                He always claimed to be a Cricklewood resident by which I assumed he meant either Maida Vale or West Hampstead
                                Or heaven knows, Little Venice
                                Last edited by Guest; 10-05-11, 21:17. Reason: A further thought ....

Comment

Working...
                                X