X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well done mercia, that answer seems feasible to me!! We shall have to await guidance from Dave

Comment

Hi

Answer is almost right but a couple of reasons wrong. Check out NASA again, otherwise I'll give a clue later. Lilac Time did run for 626 performances in its first run, though this would have gone through 1923 and perhaps also 1924, so Lilac(s) seems to be a candidate for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

I really miss the AA thread! I just can't spend more than 5 minutes at a time at the jolly old computer these days - unless it's at work, which is still busy. Let's see what this weekend brings... (apart from the Corrie Omni - which I shall watch while doing some work this weekend ). Even now I find myself immured in one of the country's leading media institutions (also frequented sometimes by the Rubber One) wherein I must remain working for another hour...
        We've missed you too Ducks!! I see it's all been hotting up down in Deepest Wapping Interesting times we live in. What did you think of the Corrie omni? I ask whilst we wait for mercia to sally forth with more Lilacs.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          We've missed you too Ducks!! I see it's all been hotting up down in Deepest Wapping Interesting times we live in. What did you think of the Corrie omni? I ask whilst we wait for mercia to sally forth with more Lilacs.

True... though I wasn't at Wapping thankfully....
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

True... though I wasn't at Wapping thankfully....
            Thank goodness for that! Ooh, rubbers gave me such a little frisson the other day about you, but I know he was kidding. Anyway, what do you you think of Fiz's chances? Also, (although a newcomer to Corrie) I have really turned against Sally Webster and her attitude. Yes, yes, I know it's all make believe but how come Fiz and Chesney look like two peas in a pod if they are not really brother and sister?

Comment

Do you want more clues yet?

Comment

Sleep Maybe

NASA employs these

Comment

That was just the reminder.

Let's try to fix the first of these. Think of a novel approach to Shakespeare!

Comment

Perchance to Dream / We'll gather lilacs

Comment

OK - now can you get the NASA link?

Comment

Shuttle riders perhaps?

Comment

well apparently there's a band called The Lilac Time who released Astronauts in 1990

Comment

You're there now. The band was started in Herefordshire. It's called Lilac Time, and one of their albums is called Astronauts.

Re June Bronhill, I actually met her a couple of times. First time I met her on a train, and we had quite a long discussion, during which she invited me to go to see her in the Ivor Novello show she was performing in. Bizarrely I also had to feel her head, as apparently she'd been injured by a fly curtain falling down on her in one of her performances, and she needed urgent surgery - basically trepanning, to release pressure on her brain.

I think she was surprised that I'd actually heard of her beforehand. She was fun to talk to. Perhaps I should have followed her more closely - it would have been good to meet her again.

When I posed the questions I was actually thinking of "We'll gather lilacs in the spring time" - which I think she recorded. I'm not sure if she also performed/recorded Lilac Time, which is a show by Ross bassed on the life of Schubert.

Am I playing the game right?

Comment

I guess I should set a question. It won't be interestingly cryptic like the last one.

an M to connect

- Stalag 8-A
                              - Theodore Ballu
                              - rue des plantes

must go now, back in the morning
                              Last edited by mercia; 11-06-11, 20:14.

Comment

OK - it's 77 rue des plantes.

Will unveil all in the morning!

Sleep tight!

Comment

Working...