This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    Come on guys! What is the most popular one?
    Die Fledermaus?
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Now, when do such things come out?

Comment

Chopin did write nocturnes…

Comment

Hint: Maybe what we're looking for is not quite a Nocturne, but almost perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post
            Die Fledermaus?
            OMIG, frenchie is joining in AA. Well, can you connect Fledermaus with a "Domicile for domestic sexual abuse is unfinished in the Swinging era?" I am sure I cannot.

See you'll in the morning!

Comment

Doversoul was very close to the answer a few steps back. Only a couple of letters out in fact. If you can get that, then maybe figuring out why will make sense of the other clues.

I intended this to be slightly challenging, but not much more than that. Sorry if I've overdone it, or not quite played by the rules.

Comment

Mercia

You've used the very word in your post. Now, are there pieces called that?

Comment

No, it's not night. It has 9 letters.

Comment

I told you it was like pulling teeth

let's try nocturnal

Comment

Is the right answer!

Sorry about the teeth pulling.

Now you need to find a few pieces called Nocturnal.

Comment

well Britten's Nocturnal after John Dowland for guitar dates from 1963, so I'm discounting that

Comment

What's the opus number? Note the question mark in the question!

Comment

a-ha! opus 70, I must look back and find your original question

so just one more nocturnal to find? from the 1960's?

Comment

I think this would be the chap

Edgard Varese - Nocturnal for soprano, male chorus and orchestra, text adapted from The House of Incest by Anaïs Nin (1961), revised and completed posthumously by Chou Wen-Chung (1968)

as is often the way, once the solution has been reached, I fully understand the original clues
                              some nice red herrings

Comment

Bang on. The only missing bit is the dedicated player.

Comment

Working...
                                X