Comment

It most certainly is - N to you Am

Comment

cor, well done

please could a dimwit like me have an explanation

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          It most certainly is - N to you Am
          Cheers anton - I reveal my working after I've set one to keep y'all going.

Herewith ...

What N apparently links

A popular yuletide entertainment

A musician who pulls out all the stops in Trondheim

A towering biblical narrative

All clues and the answer are musical
          Last edited by Guest; 16-10-11, 12:09. Reason: trypo

Comment

Terribly, terribly sorry - your pin up boy wrote Idylls From Messina in 1882 Shakespeare may or may not have written Much Ado About Breakfast and Anthony and Cleo both of which have time in Messina. Schumann wrote the overture Bride of Messina.

Comment

Sorry Am didn't realise you were about to do it better - correct as necessary!

Comment

sorry
                don't be and thanks
                it's a bloooomin' education round here, as nutritious as a hotpot and no mistake

Comment

Cheers for doing that anton. My workings are:

Shakespeare set Much Ado About Nothing in Messina

Schumann wrote Die Braut von Messina, Op.100 (The Bride of Messina)

Nietzsche wrote Idyllen aus Messina

Comment

I now know all sorts about Trondheim and it's organs but I am still a million miles away - the cathedral has two organs!

Comment

I now know all sorts about Trondheim and it's organs but I am still a million miles away - the cathedral has two organs!
                      Perhaps you should follow the clue more closely, anton ... a musician who pulls out all the stops in Trondheim - as you've suggested an organist - in Trondheim - beginning with N

Comment

Isn't everyone in Scandinavia called Nielsen?

Comment

Isn't everyone in Scandinavia called Nielsen?
                          for the purposes of this conundrum, it would appear so, anton - care to elaborate?

Comment

OMG that really was just a throw away - if I can recall my trawls through Wiki - the organist at the cathedral was called Nielsen - one of Nielsen's 2 (?) operas was Saul og David - as for Christmas all I could find was Min önskejul a Christmas LP by Sanna of the flock.

Are any of these correct????????

Comment

OMG that really was just a throw away - if I can recall my trawls through Wiki - the organist at the cathedral was called Nielsen - one of Nielsen's 2 (?) operas was Saul og David - as for Christmas all I could find was Min önskejul a Christmas LP by Sanna of the flock.

Are any of these correct????????
                              The trondheim organist was Ludwig Nielsen.

Carl Nielsen wrote 'Aladdin' - the popular yuletide entertainment

Ludolf Nielsen wrote The Tower of Babel - the towering biblical narrative

Your O anton

Comment

Hardly one out of three is pretty naff - but naff Os are what I do! If we can wait for Goulds Station taxis and the return of the Godfather etc!

Comment

Working...
                                X