X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... well I had hoped the gallois would beat the gaulois, but 'twas not to be...

The only consolation is that the blog comments in the French press seem overwhelmingly to say that the Welsh were the better team who deserved to win, the French really having been unfairly lucky...

I want the Ozzies or the Kiwis to thrash the frogs. Sorry, caliban...

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      The only consolation is that the blog comments in the French press seem overwhelmingly to say that the Welsh were the better team who deserved to win, the French really having been unfairly lucky...

I want the Ozzies or the Kiwis to thrash the frogs. Sorry, caliban...
      But my fear is that the Final, whether Ozzie or Kiwis against France, will be a pretty dull affair, a whitewash, a damp squib. A humides pétard upon which they may be hoist!

Comment

Fear not, vin-rosé, I fully expect that the froggies are likely to crumble in the Final... I think Anna is right, it'll be a walk-over and a disappointment.

Dismissing as best one can all the mental images of Anna and Ammy receiving the ministrations of whichever unwary prelate might happen to stray within their reach, who is to set "K" ?

It's between mercia and l'amateur...

On balance:

"Yes you did! You said 'Jehovah' !"

Ams?

A propos, both of "Life of Brian" and preposterous prelates, have you spotted this: on Wednesday night following a dramatisation of the creation of the film, BBC4 TV are re-screening that discussion programme in which Cleese and Palin had a right old ruck with Malcolm Muggeridge and the Bishop of Southwark about the film. I've never seen the whole programme (the film, I must have seen 10 times ) so shall be glued. Here's the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016bgt2
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

who is to set "K" ?
          Oh do keep up at the back Duckie, Ams has already set the "K"

Viz: What K was responsible for a complete cycle of piano sonatas in the mid-70s while his/her son might be preparing a symphonic one by the same composer?

Comment

A propos, both of "Life of Brian" and preposterous prelates, have you spotted this: on Wednesday night following a dramatisation of the creation of the film, BBC4 TV are re-screening that discussion programme in which Cleese and Palin had a right old ruck with Malcolm Muggeridge and the Bishop of Southwark about the film. I've never seen the whole programme (the film, I must have seen 10 times ) so shall be glued. Here's the link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b016bgt2
            The Bishop of Southwark is the glorious Mervyn Stockwood who brought meaning to the term 'the Christian camp'. If I remember correctly, the Pythons just wind the boys up & then sit back as Mervyn & Malcolm (two names no longer in fashion - one wonders why ) gee each other up to greater & greater heights of silliness.
            Last edited by Guest; 15-10-11, 15:25. Reason: concision

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              The Bishop of Southwark is the glorious Mervyn Stockwood who brought meaning to the term 'the Christian camp'. If I remember correctly, the Pythons just wind the boys up & then sit back as Mervyn & Malcolm (two names no longer in fashion - one wonders why ) gee each other up to greater & greater heights of silliness.
              Precisely! Unmissable!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                Twas a Special K too - for I am a cereal question setter, innit

Comment

Viz: What K was responsible for a complete cycle of piano sonatas in the mid-70s while his/her son might be preparing a symphonic one by the same composer?

Oh blimey, sorry. I was far too preoccupied with Mervyn Stockwood and Betty Driver.

Comment

Twas a Special K too - for I am a cereal question setter, innit
                    Talking of gay bishops (obviously you know the ArchBish of Wales, Barry Morgan, bats for Darrington) when it came to the appointment of The Bishop of Bangor (and it should have been Jeffrey John, Bless 'Im) a sidesman of our Church in Wales stood opposite whilst I was at the bus stop and declaimed, arms akimbo, "If they appoint another ho-mo-sex-ual, to Ban-gor of all places, then I am going back to Rome" (hyphens to emphasise Welsh accent)

Comment

Oh blimey, sorry. I was far too preoccupied with Mervyn Stockwood and Betty Driver.
                      Telling them apart when they both had the wisteria rinse was a chllenge, I can tell you! Especially when Mervyn would hoik up his gaiters & gave us a turn on the banjolele

" Will you come to the mission will you come
                      Bring your own tambourine and a drum..."

Comment

Talking of gay bishops (obviously you know the ArchBish of Wales, Barry Morgan, bats for Darrington) when it came to the appointment of The Bishop of Bangor (and it should have been Jeffrey John, Bless 'Im) a sidesman of our Church in Wales stood opposite whilst I was at the bus stop and declaimed, arms akimbo, "If they appoint another ho-mo-sex-ual, to Ban-gor of all places, then I am going back to Rome" (hyphens to emphasise Welsh accent)
                        Silly old goat

Goats do Roam

Comment

Silly old goat

Goats do Roam

(I think 'cos their earlier name was banned? and to get back at at the côtes-du rhône lot??)

South African winery Fairview has introduced a new line of wines called ‘Goats do Roam in Villages’ as a trademark fight with the French continues in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                            www.goatsdoroam.com

(I think 'cos their earlier name was banned? and to get back at at the côtes-du rhône lot??)

https://www.decanter.com/news/wine-n...-ne-objections
                            Ah vins-d'afrique-du-sud, most amusing, that... First I've heard of it.

I love a nice Goat-Rôtie

Now the question: is it too simplistic to think that we are after the offspring conductor of a pianistic mum or dad, Ams?

Comment

Now the question: is it too simplistic to think that we are after the offspring conductor of a pianistic mum or dad, Ams?
                              You're looking for the surname of parent pianist and child conductor, Caliban.

Simples

Comment

I'm not playing, but, oh what the hell, us Welsh - tip a bloke on their head soon as look at them - Oh, it's surname! <banned doh emoticon) cos I was going to say Kit Brendel It cannot be Kempff
                                Last edited by Guest; 15-10-11, 17:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X